annielu_gw

winter window

annielu
16 years ago

Looky what I just did!

Comments (17)

• lavenderagate
    16 years ago

Very cute! Just out of curiousity how do you get something like that off of the window. Just soap and water?

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Oh it's so cute annielu. Now is this one for your show or have you done the show yet? I don't know if I'd be able to part with that one! I think you'd better keep it. ha Love it! ~Anj

• annielu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks!This one's for show....I've got about 10 windows down in the basement!

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

This one is so darling--don't know how you could part with it. You did a great job on it, love your lettering and all the little details on the edges too. Luvs

• diarich
    16 years ago

I Love it!!!!
    You did a great job!!!!
    Hugs
    Diana

• oddie
    16 years ago

Just Beautiful! you did a great job! omg all the detail you put in, and the snowmans cute little face! how lucky for you to have all those windows!
    oddie

• alisande
    16 years ago

That looks GREAT!! How are those displayed?

Beautiful job!

• annielu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello,
    I got orders for 6 of these windows at the craft show Sunday!! People are putting them on their porches.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

That's wonderful Annielu, but I'm not surprised, how could they not love them? Don't envy you having to keep your nose to the ol grindstone to get them done tho! LOL

Luvs

• paintingfool
    16 years ago

These are so cute. At first I didn't realize it was not your window from your home. Just wonderful!!

• effiemay
    16 years ago

Hope you see this question...what kind of paint and what brand do you use?? these are awesome and I have lots of old windows just sitting around waiting for something to be done with them. I fixed them up last summer, scraped and sanded them and oiled the frames but that's as far as I got. Thanks for the inspiration.

• annielu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi effiemay,
    I used acrylic paint~~~don't recall the name of them at the moment, but I use the ones in the small bottles. I just cleaned the glass, sanded the frames, and painted on the glass.(I paint on the front). Then after it's all dry, I spray with an acrylic sealer. Hope this helps!
    Post some pics when you're done!!

• oceanna
    16 years ago

Wow, that's guaranteed to put a smile on anyone's face! You did a great job, Annielu. Everything came out so well, and the little birdie adds that special touch. I love the expression on the snowman's face. The detail in his scarf was very well done. The whole window was.

• craftylady53014
    16 years ago

That is awesome. Goood job. I have some windows just sitting around waiting to be dealt with. donna

• gail1055
    16 years ago

That's absolutely wonderful. I've thought about trying a window but I don't want to have to buy paint for glass. Did you just use ordinary acrylic paint or the enamal type? Gail

• oceanna
    16 years ago

What Gail asked... and where do you find all the windows? What should one pay for them?

• annielu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

HI girls,
    I used ordinary acrylics, and I paid $1 apiece for my windows, some I found curbside. Just watch yard sales or barn sales. It's really fun to paint these old windows!