Looky what I just did!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: winter window

Very cute! Just out of curiousity how do you get something like that off of the window. Just soap and water?

o

Oh it's so cute annielu. Now is this one for your show or have you done the show yet? I don't know if I'd be able to part with that one! I think you'd better keep it. ha Love it! ~Anj

o

Thanks!This one's for show....I've got about 10 windows down in the basement!

o

This one is so darling--don't know how you could part with it. You did a great job on it, love your lettering and all the little details on the edges too. Luvs

o

I Love it!!!!
You did a great job!!!!
Hugs
Diana

o

Just Beautiful! you did a great job! omg all the detail you put in, and the snowmans cute little face! how lucky for you to have all those windows!
oddie

o

That looks GREAT!! How are those displayed?

Beautiful job!

o

hello,
I got orders for 6 of these windows at the craft show Sunday!! People are putting them on their porches.

o

That's wonderful Annielu, but I'm not surprised, how could they not love them? Don't envy you having to keep your nose to the ol grindstone to get them done tho! LOL

Luvs

o

These are so cute. At first I didn't realize it was not your window from your home. Just wonderful!!

o

Hope you see this question...what kind of paint and what brand do you use?? these are awesome and I have lots of old windows just sitting around waiting for something to be done with them. I fixed them up last summer, scraped and sanded them and oiled the frames but that's as far as I got. Thanks for the inspiration.

o

Hi effiemay,
I used acrylic paint~~~don't recall the name of them at the moment, but I use the ones in the small bottles. I just cleaned the glass, sanded the frames, and painted on the glass.(I paint on the front). Then after it's all dry, I spray with an acrylic sealer. Hope this helps!
Post some pics when you're done!!

o

Wow, that's guaranteed to put a smile on anyone's face! You did a great job, Annielu. Everything came out so well, and the little birdie adds that special touch. I love the expression on the snowman's face. The detail in his scarf was very well done. The whole window was.

o

That is awesome. Goood job. I have some windows just sitting around waiting to be dealt with. donna

o

That's absolutely wonderful. I've thought about trying a window but I don't want to have to buy paint for glass. Did you just use ordinary acrylic paint or the enamal type? Gail

o

What Gail asked... and where do you find all the windows? What should one pay for them?

o

HI girls,
I used ordinary acrylics, and I paid $1 apiece for my windows, some I found curbside. Just watch yard sales or barn sales. It's really fun to paint these old windows!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here