Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cake cover

Posted by pegtn (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 8, 10 at 14:03

I'm looking for something different to paint on a cake cover. I've seen alot painted with roses, but I want something different. Don't get me wrong, I like roses, lol but my friend wants me to paint one for her, and she is just not the "roses" type. What else would look good on those old metal cake covers?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cake cover

What kinds of things does she like Peg? I like anything primitive or Americana. I have people in my family who like anything woodsy or with animals, another friend likes cabin type themed items. I have a beekeeper neighbor who likes bee or beehive items. My SIL is a frog collector. My brother likes nautical type things. I guess you could try to figure out something she likes and just go with that. Or just paint different types of cakes on it??? You could really do just about anything.

o

Thanks Anjabee, those are great ideas. She has alot of cabin theme items in her house, so that would work out great. I had never thought about it , but you could do just about anything on those covers and it would look fine. Black bears around the sides, and pinecones, and pine branches on the top. You have inspired me, thank you.

o

That sounds like it will be great Peg. Hope you'll share pics when you get it done! =)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here