Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luthien_gw

my 'dirty roses' :)

luthien
15 years ago

hi ladies,

here are some rose items i've painted (in respond to luvs request, thanks for the interest luvs :) ) i'm most comfortable painting roses like these. i call them my "dirty roses" :) i use a shader for these. all of them are one-stroke technique... except for the last one on the tissue box. that was my first attempt at REALLY painting a rose... if you know what i mean... that's why it's a little stark and too much contrast in the shading and highlight work! but i still like it... since i dedicated a week of my life just getting the roses right on this one! but "dirty roses" are still my fav... esp on crackle background :)tho i really wanna learn roses like the ones paintgirl paints... with an angle brush. i must start going through my books and mags again... see if there's a tutorial..

the first template are stuff i've already given away... again ikea mirrors :p... i should have taken close ups, but i didn't... never thought i'll be posting them over the net! (didn't even know how to use a computer then) the 2nd template are the 2 items i still have. the purple one is actually a recycle biscuit tin. on one side of that (not shown) is a message sent to me via sms ... from my then boyfriend, now husband... so it's rather dear to me... this tin and the message :)

hope you'll enjoy my "dirty roses"! have a creative weekend ladies :) and happy thanksgiving! (tho i dunno when that is because we don't celebrate thanksgiving here...but i guess it must be around the corner since all my blogging friends are preparing for it!)

Comments (8)

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Your roses are fantastic. I love them. It doesn't look like you need much practice to me. I'm so excited to come here and see something new posted. Thank you so much. Thanksgiving is next Thursday here. My sister is cooking so I will probably bake pies and dinner rolls, maybe make a salad. I'm trying to convince myself to make 6 pies for the community dinner but that will cut into my painting time. LOL

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Your roses are fine!!You sure do a lot of different things!! I just couldn't get over that plain cabinet you changed into a work of art!!I don't think you need any practice, wish I could do as well. Jan

• luthien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you very much ladies :))))) when i looked through my old pictures, i'm surprised that i actually did so many things with roses... believe me... there are some more!

phonegirl... ooo that's a lot of pies! you mean 6 normal sized ones or little ones ... man... all those food sound real yummy!

jan, you saw the cabinet! yea... i really enjoyed doing that. playing with texture paint and all... makes me feel like a sculptor!!!! but the process was really meditative and time just flies when you're doing it. because i like to paint (or craft) in the night when everything is quiet...i ended up sleeping at 6 am in the morning!

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Those are really nice. I love your roses, and especially love your backgrounds too. I'll come back and look at them some more, but I have to get off this computer now. Thanks so much for posting them. Luvs

• alisande
    15 years ago

Beautiful!! I have yet to paint even one rose, but you may have inspired me.

• paintingfool
    15 years ago

These are beautiful! They really don't look like one stroke roses to me. Looks as though you are doing your own style. That is what is so good about one stroke roses, it gives you a technique and then you can take off on your own. You did good!!
    B

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Everything looks just beautiful Luthien!! That pink mirror is my favorite. So romantic looking! =) ~Anj

• luthien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hehehe... thanks ladies :) and B... it's interesting what you said... i remember very well i learnt the roses as one stroke... but you are right i did modify them a little to my liking... hmm.. never thought of it this way :)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!