Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gail1055

One new chair

gail1055
16 years ago

Just finished a chair for a friend. We found it in the garbage. She asked me to paint it for her. I had to clean it up and glue it back together but it turned our ok. You have to imagine a wicker basket of flowers in the seat. She has it sitting outside your door. Gail

Comments (10)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Ummm, I wish it was sitting outside MY door! LOL That is so nice. You always do just the perfect design for the chair. Gorgeous. Luvs

• oceanna
    16 years ago

Oh my gosh that's just as cute as it can be! I'll bet she just adores it. What a good friend you are.

How did you do that beautiful lettering?

• anjabee
    16 years ago

So pretty! I love Trash to Treasure projects. I'm thinking you should do a book of transformed chairs! ha I know your friend is just loving this. I am imagining some beautiful red and pink geraniums in the seat! It's lovely! ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Anj is right about the book, your chairs look better than some I have seen in books. Maybe you should submit some pics to Susan Schwee Publishing. She has helped lots of painters get published. Just a thought. Luvs

• gail1055
    Original Author
    16 years ago

A book...wow! You folks are too kind. I'm way too modest for that. I just have fun taking an old chair and seeing what I can turn it into. It's a real thrill when someone loves what I do. Thanks for your compliments. Gail

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

Wonderful painting job on the chair Gail, it's fantastic. It's going to make a lovely planter chair. I'm sure your friend just loves it.

Sal

• sjarz
    16 years ago

I wish I could paint like that - makes my stuff look like my cat did it! LOL.
    Very gorgeous chair, but I am quite disappointed as you said it was outside my door, when I went to look, alas it wasn't there...
    maybe you meant the back door - I'll go check.
    Suzan J

• gail1055
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yeah.. outside "your" door :~) Sorry about all the typing errors. Can you tell I havn't posted for a while.
    Happy Turkey Day.

• oceanna
    16 years ago

Are you keeping this a secret?

• anjabee
    16 years ago

hahahaha Susan! LMBO!! ~Anj