Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gift ideas?

Posted by anjabee (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 3, 06 at 12:21

Luvs did the jiffypops recently and got me thinking of little gifts that I can give my neighbors this year. We usually don't do anything expensive.

I thought of an idea the other day that I may do. You know those little galvanized pails you can get at craft stores and even the hardware store? I was thinking of painting a cute snowman scene on them and filling them with popcorn balls (snowballs?). What do you think of that?

Or I've seen new paint buckets painted and filled with snowmelt for those of you that live in snowy areas.

Anybody else got any fun painted gift ideas to share.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gift ideas?

Those are really great gift ideas.

I have a sister who is learning to paint with me. She has really limited her supplies so I purchased one of those galvanized buckets and have been adding supplies to it. All pertaining to painting and she can paint the design on the bucket too once she empties it. How's that?

o
RE: Gift ideas?

Anj, I love the bucket with the popcorn snowballs Idea--sounds really cute! Don't know about snowmelt--none here in So. Calif. ;o)

Violet, your sister will love a bucket full of painting supplies! It takes awhile to accumulate all the neat brushes and assorted paints. Nice idea.

My Jiffypop containers seemed to go over well. Thought I might do a few for Christmas for a group of friends I meet for lunch every couple of months--but now I kind of like Anj's idea better.

I've also painted flowerpots and put seed packets, gloves and small gardening tools in them--that seems better for Spring or Summer tho.

I've also thought about painting on soaps and then wrapping it with a pretty washcloth in clear paper with a pretty ribbon tied on.

I've already done the same idea with candles and candleholders from Big Lots one year.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here