Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

i'm on a roll!

luvstocraft
17 years ago

After I posted the Santa yesterday, I cut out three bird house shapes from old fence boards my neighbor had given me. Really weathered, cracked, etc. Painted snowmen on them using a Laurie Speltz pattern. Painting is all done, just need to cut some shims to use as the roof, and add some moss to "dootsie" them up a bit, Trying to decide if they should hang on the wall, stand on a base, or be mounted on a stake. Might just post the pics, and get input from all of you on how to use them. Made three so I can keep one and use the other two as gifts, I'll have the pics posted by this afternoon, so hope you'll come by the gallery to check them out.

Hope you'll share ideas for projects you are working on too. I love all the phases of painting--from the searching for the right design, to finding the right surface for it, to selecting the colors, to the painting techniques, and Ta da--to the completed project! Each step adds to the feeling of anticipation and final satisfaction.

I like to hear about each of your lives and "adventures" too, So hope you'll drop a note over on the conversations side when you have non painting related things to tell all of us. That will help us get to know each other better.

I wish you a happy day, and hope you get a chance to pick up your paint brushes!

Luvs

Comments (3)