Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luthien_gw

sun & moon image

luthien
15 years ago

i had this wrestling match with myself regarding the issue of copyright. as you ladies know, i've began to try my hands on collage and mixed media. remember the sun and moon tag i made? well... it suddenly dawn upon me that the sun & moon image i used to decoupage on the tag could be someone else's art. and it is... belongs to a richard neuman ( you can see his link in my blog... i've acknowledged him :)good thing i didn't intend to sell the tag. never had this problem before cos it has always just been my art and my own work... *sigh*... and i really intend to use a lot of the sun and moon images for future mixed media work.

so this is what i finally decided to do. design and paint my own sun and moon image to be used for future mixed media projects. so i cut out 2 small pieces of canvas and did these two guys/gals. then i scanned them into the computer, and got my printouts.

i went a little further and put the 2 of them together using a software called GIMP... and i did a naughty thing :p ... put my name on them! just a naughty thing to do (spur of the moment) since they're gonna be floating around in the internet!

not something that i would normally paint... but at least now, i don't have to feel guilty for using someone else's sun and moon :) i suspect there will be more of these sort of things... mixed media is here to stay for me :)

Here is a link that might be useful: mr neuman's link it there in my sun & moon post

Comments (4)