Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lillyjane_gw

fall chairs

lillyjane
14 years ago

Hi, My name is Jan, & I have been on Garden Web for a couple of years now, but I took some time off for a while. I usually get on the winter sowing & the test form. I have looked around in here before but never posted. But thanks to Sue & the other very patient people at the test form I am now able to post pics. There are some very talented folks here & I have enjoyed seeing all the painting that has been going on ") here is a few chairs that I painted a couple of weeks ago. Jan ")

P>S> I still need to learn how to make the pics smaller ")

Comments (9)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Welcome Lillyjane, so glad you figured out the picture posting. Wish you would have given us a shout, one of our members here posted a tutorial on how to post pictures and we would have shared it with you. ;o)

Love the designs you painted on the chairs. Do you buy the patterns or are you creating them yourself? Your shading/hilighting are great and really give the designs lots of diminsion. Are the chairs for yourself, gifts, or will you be selling them?

Please come back and share more with us.

Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Hi Lillyjane! Welcome and glad you are joining us!

I really like sunflowers and pumpkins...heck I love all of the fall colors! You did yourself proud with your chairs, they are awesome! The shading and blending is super.

I am happy with the size of the pictures as well, being lazy I don't like to click and wait while it download in a larger size and we all use different sizes and it all works out fine.

Please come back! And you might take a look over in the gallery or on the conversation links.

Belle

• lillyjane
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the welcome ") I am lookin forward to visiting with everyone ") the first chair I had a pattern for that I kinda redone to fit , it is from a Michele Deaton book, but I can't remember the name of it,the other 2 I just kinda started paintin on them. sometimes I never know how things will end up ") I kept the black folding chair & the DIL's got the other 2.
    Jan ")

• kraftymom
    14 years ago

Welcome Jan. I love, love, LOVE your chairs!

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Jan,

Welcome, it's so fun to come here and see we have another painter who's posted some beautiful chairs. I really like all of them. Did you have a pattern to go by or did you free hand all of these? I love black back grounds to paint on.

TFS and I hope you continue to share your projects with us.

Punk

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

Hi Lillyjane.

Glad to see you here! I too really like your chairs. Your DIL is very lucky to have you share your talent with her.

I gave up trying to make my pictures smaller and just post them the way they are. It works just fine.

Be sure to come back and share with us again.

Joan

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Well, Jan....you know we are gonna claim you for our little group now! LOVE your chairs. They are awesome! You did a great job with and without the pattern. Really great! Welcome and please come back and play with us as much as you like!! =D ~Anj

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I tend to lurk here too!! Don't come too often but love your beautiful chairs. That last 1 must have been hard to start painting on as it is weathered so great!! Can't imagine the mess I'd have if I just started painting!! But I often look at something & paint it on something entirely different!! Hope to see more from you! I'm a Jan too!!

• jitterbug4756
    14 years ago

Those are beautiful ... great job painting. You should be proud !I'm a lurker here too, but had to tell you they were very cute .

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA