Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Off to paint with Peggy Harris

paintingfool
14 years ago

I am off to paint with Peggy this weekend. Our chapter is hosting a seminar with her. We will be painting green frogs and water lily today and tomorrow the gold fish. Hope I can make it through the day, I had a killer migraine and it is not completely gone. If you would like to see the projects, check out our chapter blog.

B

Here is a link that might be useful: North West Florida Sea Oats

Comments (6)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Hope your migraine goes away so you can enjoy your seminar. I was a bit surprized to see that the projects were not Christmas related! Didn't you share a goldfish with us before? Maybe it was from a class with a different artist.

I see Ros Stallcup will be doing a seminar too. I love looking at her projects--usually that soft, romantic look I love. Let us know how both seminars go okay--snap a few classroom pics if you can too. Have fun.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing your water lily, green frogs and gold fish. I have admired that painting of the fish for years. Funny that both Luvs and I can relate to that gold fish. Is there more to this story?

PF, to see our projects you have to visit the gallery. Things should pick up if we are going to get busy for Christmas projects. I did paint some today so should have something to post tomorrow.

Punk

• kraftymom
    14 years ago

Peggy Harris and then Ros Stallcup in January...lucky you!

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

How nice for you to paint with Peggy Harris. I too remember the goldfish fell in love with them and know that I painted them.

When I would see something that I really like to paint and could not find a surface, I would take 5 inch squares of wood and round off the edges. I remember painting the goldfish on two or three of these little guys. When finished and varnished, I would put little feet on the bottom of the squares and call them trivets. If I liked the way they turned out, I would give them away. I do not have the gold fish anymore, so I must really liked them. But I do remember I really, really enjoyed painting them. Hmmm.... now where is that pattern???

Anyway, do have fun and share with us when you are done.

Joan

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Kraftymom, good to see you posting. Are you still teaching classes? Sure would love to see some of the projects.

Joan, I like your way of thinking--if I don't like the way a project turns out, I have a hard time giving it to someone. My friend thinks I'm crazy--she says no one but me would be that picky! She says even if I feel something isn't just right, no one else would even notice--especially a non-painter! Are you making any Christmas projects this year? Got any older projects you'd like to share with us? You know how we love seeing pictures. ;o)

Luvs

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You girls have very good memories. Wish I could say the same. I did a goldfish with Peggy in Houston at the Artist Expo. I signed up before I knew my club would be selecting the same thing. So today I painted a gold fish but one that was different than the class. It was a little harder but it still turned out nice.

Now about that memory - I have already told Luvs this story. I am very particular about my brushes and painting supplies. I keep them very close to me when I paint so I don't lose them or have someone pick them up accidentally. But today I lost my favorite little liner. I looked all over, I asked everyone to make sure they didn't have an extra one on their table, I checked all the bags and even the trash - but I couldn't find my liner. I was upset to say the least. Then I came home and went to take a bath when something fell to the floor. I looked down and there was my favorite little liner. It was like I had found an old friend. I was all smiles. Now you must have guessed where my little liner was - that's right - in my bra!! You see, I have a tendancy to store things in my bra - my cell phone because I can feel it vibrate when I get a call, my kleenex because you never know when you might need one, and my extra pair of glasses because they don't always fit the top of my head - and today I must have stuck my favorite little liner in there to keep it safe. Now I am happy and I can head off to bed.
    I will post pics tomorrow if we have power.

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County