Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am putting up my tree...Thanksgiving style

Posted by diarich (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 6, 06 at 7:15

We went camping this weekend and they had up a Thankgiving tree. Decorated with field corn, spray painted yellow and orange. Dried Gourds, raffia, sunflowers. She said the day after Thanksgiving, she takes those decorations down and puts the Christmas ones on. It was beautiful!
I'll take a pic when I get done.
Hugs
Diana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am putting up my tree...Thanksgiving style

Oh Diana, That sounds like a really good idea. Can't wait to see some pics!!!
Cheri

o

Me too! I wanna see it! Sounds like a fun idea. Luvs

o

That does sound really cool, can't wait to see the pics. I see some folks do a Halloween black tree and they are gorgeous with the orange and purple lights. You watch, we'll be having Fourth of July Trees, Labor Day trees, etc. etc. LOL

Sal

o

Don't laugh at me but I do have a year round tree downstairs in the basement kitchen. It's done in cookie cutters, raffia and kitchen utinsils. I love trees :-)

o

I'm not laughing whatsoever Diane, I think a year round tree is a fantastic idea. Please post a pic!

Sal

o

I know lots of people who keep up year round trees. I would if I had more room. Can't wait to see yours. ~Anj

o

I always wanted a Christmas room where I could wheel my Christmas tree into after the holiday and just wheel it out again!!

o

Oh Minnie--what a great idea! Sure would save all the hassle and mess--and no more worry about where to store all the decorations either. It'll never happen for me, but it is a nice thought. Luvs

o

Minnie, I have a five foot faux, skinny tree and when it's time to put it away, I just pick the whole thing up (still decorated) and carry it downstairs to the craft storage room in my basement. That is so nice after all those years of dragging the tree out, decorating it and then taking it all down and putting it away. FINALLY!!!!

Sal

o

Diana, Were you able to get your tree up and decorated? If so, would love to see a pic. It sounded really neat. Luvs

o

Yes Diana, I've been anxiously waiting!!!

o

Me three!! ~Anj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here