Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luthien_gw

friendship tags

luthien
15 years ago

i was thinking if i should share this here... because they are not strictly tole painting. it's some sort of a mixed media... i guess... a combination of paint and other medias like fabric and paper and ink. i looked up the other forums but it seems no one really post pictures there... so i brought them back here. i call these my friendship tags. inspired by 4 of my blogger friends... the story is in my blog if you want to read it... and the pictures there are better i think... :) hope you like them :)

they are all different because all 4 of the people who inspired them are very different.

Here is a link that might be useful: where you can find the little story i wrote about these

Comments (9)

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

How beautiful!! And what a nice thought for your friends. I especially love the ones with music and flowers.You are such a talented person and do beautiful work!Keep posting!

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

How great! You really are a very talented artist Luthien. I read your blog about them, and I'm sure your friends will be very touched that they inspired you.

Anything with paint on it is welcome here--and if it's not painting related but you want to share it with us, post it over on the conversations side--we can do off topic there, okay? Luvs

• luthien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you for the lovely comments ladies :) the process of making these were really something else ... they were not difficult to make (you might not believe it and i cannot explain it perfectly) but the whole process too 2 days and i just wanted to go on and on, not wanting to stop because i was afraid that i might loose a thought or a moment. weird! but it felt so nice after each one's done. it's like i've done justice to the person who inspired it. i'm wondering if i can ever get into that zone again... silly me!

• kraftymom
    15 years ago

I love mixed media projects, your tags are beautiful!

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Those are neat! I especially like the one with the map in the background. Yes, anything with paint is welcomed here. Lots of good ideas coming from you! I'll have to come back and visit your blog a little later. I'm trying to get off this computer to do some painting myself today. ha ~Anj

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Beautiful tags, I have never tried anything like these but would realy like to after seeing yours! I sure hope your friends appreciate you!

• diarich
    15 years ago

These are very impressive!
    You did a beautiful job!
    Hugs
    Diana

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

Those are so unique and your friends should feel special that they were designed from them. Can't pick a favorite, really like all of them. I Love to read about your projects. Thanks so much for posting so much.

• luthien
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thank you once again ladies! your lovely and encouraging comments really inspire me to create some more :) thank you thank you thank you!

i've actually sent all the 4 tags to the 4 people who inspired their existence. i feel very much that their true homes are with these 4 lovely people. for me... the process in itself is the reward and from these 4 designs, i know i can create some more out of them... this is just the beginning...but the first is always the sweetest :)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz