Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Welcome Door Sign

Posted by oceanna (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 23, 07 at 0:23

The biggest challenge on this piece was figuring out how to space the black and white stripes evenly because they radiate from the center. I had to scratch my head over that one until it finally came to me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Welcome Door Sign

Wow...what a good job and the stripes look great. What an interesting piece. I've never seen anything like it before. Where did you find it? Gail

o

Wowza!! That is sweet! You did do a wonderful job on the stripes. Now is that center plaque separate?? If not it sure looks like tin. YOur flowers all look gorgeous! Beautiful Beautiful piece! ~Anj

o

Really pretty sign and great job on the stripes. I love the little welcome sign in the middle too. Luvs

o

Thanks so much everybody! :-)

The original piece was just a plain flat unfinished wooden plaque I purchased from Michaels.

Everything else you see there I painted on it. There is no extra piece of tin on it; that's just trompe l'oel -- just shading around the "tin" part. The stripes were to make it a little "Mackenzie Childs." I love their stuff.

o
Gail

Oh, Gail -- are you asking me if there was a pattern for this? No, there is no pattern; this was my creation. I like to do my own thing, but I do research other pieces for inspiration.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here