Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Scary story and pics!

luvstocraft
14 years ago

Anj's painted Boo letters reminded me that I had planned to paint some wood blocks with a pattern from one of my painting mags. I already had the blocks basecoated, so decided to finish them so I could stash them away for next year. Now here's the scary part--I had all three painted and took them outside to spray the sealer on. I picked up a can with a clear lid, removed the lid, shook it up, and sprayed--it was white paint NOT sealer! OMG! I was so upset. Really had to bite my tongue not to say a bad word! Luckily I only sprayed one, but naturally it was on the main design part. I tried using some alcohol to remove the spray paint, but no luck. I had to sand the one side all off and repaint the B side. Let me tell you, I was not a happy camper! Here's a couple pics for you. I have no idea why my pictures are no longer sharp and clear and I apologise for that. I need to play with the settings and see if I can fix it. Luvs

Comments (10)

• kraftymom
    14 years ago

You're a better person than me, someone would have had to wash my mouth out with soap! lol Hopefully it won't take you long to fix the one block and you can complete your project.

By the way, Halloween is my favorite 'holiday' and I really like your blocks.

• nonacook
    14 years ago

I did that with black spray once, but fortunately only got a spatter----and I could leave that.
    Sorry you had to start over.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh, I went ahead and repainted it. Might add some speckling, and I'm debating whether to have my DH drill a hole in the top for votive candles to set in. However, if I do that, I won't be able to stack them. Think I'll wait until next year to make a decision.

Nona, I was so mad at myself. Partially for not reading the can, and partially for having put the clear cap from my sealer on the paint can in the first place. Guess I just need to slow down and be more careful next time! LOL

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Luvs,
    Your BOO blocks turned out great. I can only imagine seeing the white paint hit your block. I would of cried.LOL The idea of adding a candle sounds wonderful but I think if you wait till next year you will know for sure what you want.

So glad you got this project finished and will be able to move forward with your other projects. Punk

• anjabee
    14 years ago

These are really cute Luvs and the good news is we can't even tell where the white paint was. Like those little ghosts! ha ~Anj

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

STOP THIEF! THERE IS A THIEF IN THE HOUSE! OR MORE CORRECTLY IN SYBER SPACE.

Luvs....I remember posting comments on your "BOO" and "POOF" it is gone....glad I noticed it at the top of the list.

Again, I love your "BOO." blocks. You gossamer ghosts and the bats and spider and eyes everywhere are super! What a fun decorations to bring out each year to enjoy again and again!

Belle
    PS Sorry about the wrong can of spray....but glad you could repair the damage.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL That's okay Belle, if you're like me, I sometimes click the "return to painting forum" instead of the "preview message". I'm glad you like them, they were just a fun little thing to work on. Luvs

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bumping this to the top for Belle to see the ghosts and bats on these blocks.

Belle, I've not found the letters yet, but maybe these are helpful.

Luvs

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Luvs....You are a jewel!!!!! That's the ones!!! I search for two day and didn't find it....and poof here it is!

Thank You for taking the time to find then for me. I really appreciate it! Now, do you mind if I make them? I hope not cause they are awesome.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Belle, I'm glad those were the ones and that you liked something I did. I don't mind at all that you'd like to do them, that's what we are here for--to encourage and motivate each other! (You've made me want to get busy on the bird designs I've got earmarked.)

I know this was a Laurie Speltz design, but I just haven't had time to look though my painting mags to find it yet. Wouldn't it be something if it's in one of the mags you take too???? LOL

Luvs

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!