Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Lots of painted items at craft show

luvstocraft
17 years ago

I went to a craft show in a nearby town today. Love looking to see what everyone is selling. Saw several booths with painted items. Really good painters too! It is one of the juried shows, so only approved vendors get in. Saw cute turkeys, some tall and thin, some shorter and fatter--both had multi-colored tails and cute expressions. There were large pumpkins cut out of "ruffled" wood that looked like logs hooked together (hadn't seen anything like it before) and lots of Halloween, Fall, and garden signs. The larger items that were 30 to 36 inches were selling for $54.00. Most small items like the signs were $14.95. Also saw some of the painted screens like the ones Anjabee painted. Those were very cute--I was surprised that the screen was metal, for some reason I thought it would be plastic. Now my brain is fuzzy from trying to take it all in--really made me want to get some projects painted. Luvs

Comments (5)

• gw:craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

I saw those painted screen windows and doors at a recent craft show also. The gal told me she had to paint one side, flip it over and paint the other side and then flip it again. Her's had snowmen and other snow scenes. Really very pretty. It's hard to imagine "ruffled" wood, can you draw a pic and post it.

Sal

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Sal, Afraid I'm not good at drawing and wouldn' t know how to post it if I could! These were like those posts that are only slightly rounded then each side is straight. I am sure there is a name for them but I don't know it. Well, there must be a form of fencing that is a solid section of these posts--because it was all one piece--not several posts that they attached together. A similar effect would be if you glued posts side by side together--except these were not totally round posts. When cut in the shape of a three foot pumpkin, it was about three inches thick and really made a cute texture to the front of the pumpkin. Wish I could have taken pics, but they really frown on that--afraid you are stealing their ideas! Luvs

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Sounds like a fun time. I love craft shows, but don't ever have anyone to go with. They are overwhelming. I only allow myself a certain amount of money to spend. I take a small notebook to jot down the things I like as I go, the price and location. If I don't then I forget where everything was by the time I get to the end. People probably think I'm trying to steal their ideas when I'm doing that, but not. At the end I look in my notebook and figure out what I want the most for my money then go get it. I'm glad you had a fun day luvs. ~A

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Anj, You sound like me--I want to see it all before I decide what to buy. (unless it is just something amazing that I know I have to get before they are sold out!).I sure miss my friend who died. The two of us had the most fun at craft shows. We'd see something we "just knew we could make", and she'd say "you memorize the top part and I'll memorize the bottom. Then off we'd go outside to draw our picture while it was fresh in our minds! ;o) I think we only actually made about three of those projects, but we sure had a lot of fun collecting ideas! I've tried going with a few other friends, but it's not the same. They aren't crafter's, and are too pokey so we don't get to cover the whole show, and they want to look at stuff I've already seen a million times! I want to find the new and unusual ideas. So while I love the chit chat and fun of being with someone--I sort of like to go alone so I can cover the show my way! Ha ha Is that terrible or what? Hey, I am just being honest here. Luvs

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Hey, I don't think it's terrible if you are woman enough to brave it alone. ha You are probably right, it would be more fun to go at your own pace and take time to look at what you want to. I'm just a big chicken butt and need somebody to hold my hand I guess. ha We have a Quilted Bear store here that has lots of different booths that people rent and show their stuff and I will go there alone, but it's not so overwhelming to me. The craft shows I've been to were all indoors and they can get so crowded and crazy. Sometimes I start feeling a little penned in and claustrophobic so I like to have some backup with me. ha
    Makes me sad that you lost such a good friend. It's hard to find people that you are really compatible with like that. Makes you really appreciate it when you find it though. :) ~Anj

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?