Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Greetings from the beach

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Hi all, Okay, no postings on here today--guess that means everyone is busy painting, right? This computer connection is much slower than the one at home so won't stay on long. We visited with friends, did some shopping, and went to a movie today. Time to get comfy and read one of the painting mags I brought along. Miss you guys. I'll have some pics to post when I get back home. Talk to you soon. Luvs

Comments (4)

• aprilwhirlwind
    17 years ago

I live near the beach...a very chilly beach. When the water temp. hits 58 degrees we remark how warm the water is that day.

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Luvs~ Sounds like you are having a relaxing time. Enjoy and wiggle your tosies in the sand for me! Are there any shells or sea glass on the beach where you are? My favorite thing to do at the beaches in FL is to look for unbroken Angel Wings (Inside Sand Dollars), shark teeth and sea glass. My most unfavorite thing to do at the beach is get stung by jellyfish! I wouldn't recommend it. No, not fun at all! ha

I've not been here much because my DMom hurt her shoulder and has it in a sling. I've been having to take care of her & running her to dr appts while my DDad is out of town. I have to take her to get an MRI done today.

On a happier note I did start painting the Witch Gourd so maybe I'll get it finished sometime this week. ~Anj

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

Luvs,hope you're enjoying the beach.I live less than 5 miutes from the beach and pier and never go.I used to when my kids were small,or when my folks cme out from the east coast.But now to go there just to be going,nah,not my thing.The most i like to do there is walk along it at suset.

Anj,sorry to hear about your mom,hope she's feeling better soon.

As for me ,i havn't picked up a paint brush.I have some sewing and cross stitch projects i must get done as they are for exchanges on other boards,and we're still working on our yard also.

So take care guys,enjoy your days doing whatever it is.
    Kathi

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi! We went to the Doggie Beach at Huntington Beach, Ca today. Our golden retriever really likes to go there because he can run around off leash and go into the water. Anj, I didn't find any sea glass, but did pick up several small shells. For some reason, we don't find as many or as pretty shells here as we did from the Atlantic when we visited Myrtle Beach--it was so fun to collect them there. Couldn't ask for prettier weather and no crowds since school has started and it's not a weekend. Just the way we like it. Kennebunker, I waded out into the ocean and it felt pretty cold to me--but probably much warmer than where you are! Yes, Kathi, you are really close to the ocean. I could just sit and watch the waves for hours--it is so relaxing. Most people who live close don't go--it's us landlocked ones that enjoy it! Ha ha We are heading back home either tonight or tomorrow morning then I will get busy on my projects. Anj, so sorry about your Mom's shoulder. Glad you are close by and able to help her. Take care all--will chat more later.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?