Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dory_gw

Favorite Glue for Crafts

Dory
22 years ago

What brand/type of glue do you like to use when crafting. I have been making some wreaths with dried apples and oranges and small wooden items such as gingerbread men. I have been using my glue gun. I just am not sure if it will hold for a long time to come.

Thanks!!

Dory

Comments (9)

• tntia_hotmail_com
    22 years ago

Hi Dory,
    My fav is E600 it seems to never fail and works on everything. Good luck

• frannie2_prodigy_net
    22 years ago

I also use E6000 (great stuff) - especially for hard to glue surfaces such as glass, mirrors, metal, terra cotta, etc. or for heavier projects that require extra hold. I use Aleene's Tacky & Designer Tacky Glue for smaller wood projects and other surfaces, both indoor and out, both porous and non-porous. It's never failed me either.

If you are gluing 2 porous surfaces together you probably won't experience a problem. It's when you're gluing a porous surface to a non-porous surface or 2 non-porous surfaces together is where you usually experience problems with hot glue.

• Kelli
    22 years ago

My friend does florals, wreaths, etc, and she just bought a hot glue pot for dipping things in. It is a great idea, she buys glue chunks to melt in the pot. Works much faster than a gun.

• MryRose
    22 years ago

For Florals I use a glue gun, for most other projects I also use E6000... it's the best stuff!

Paint Drop Hugs!
    MaryRose

• terracotta
    22 years ago

I use the glue gun for wreaths, e6000 for jewelry and Aleene's tacky for glass and wood. I really like Aleene's as it dries clear and really adheres-plus no smell to deal with as E6000 can make you woosy if you're in an enclosed space and heaven knows I'm light headed enough most of the time ..esp. this time of the year.

• DAIRYLNDNM_AOL_COM
    22 years ago

Please Be Careful with E6000. It works very well but I damaged my lungs......didn't realize how much time passed while I used it in a closed in area.......only a couple of hours. That evening my lungs felt like they were on fire and I was very short of breath. I sure would like to be able to use it again but I am afraid of it. I realized what had been happening to make me feel that way, fortunately.

• Okla_gal
    22 years ago

someone posted a site that told what glue was best for each project, but I can't find it. someone help please.

• sumrtyme
    22 years ago

Okla-gal, the site is listed below.
    hth
    Sumr

Here is a link that might be useful: thistothat

• Vikki_W
    22 years ago

What a really neat site....so clever of someone to come up with this.....very helpful!! Thanks for posting it

Vikki~~

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer