Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite Glue for Crafts

Posted by
Dory
(creech@chartertn.net) on
Mon, Oct 29, 01 at 22:23

What brand/type of glue do you like to use when crafting. I have been making some wreaths with dried apples and oranges and small wooden items such as gingerbread men. I have been using my glue gun. I just am not sure if it will hold for a long time to come.

Thanks!!

Dory

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite Glue for Crafts

Hi Dory,
My fav is E600 it seems to never fail and works on everything. Good luck

o

I also use E6000 (great stuff) - especially for hard to glue surfaces such as glass, mirrors, metal, terra cotta, etc. or for heavier projects that require extra hold. I use Aleene's Tacky & Designer Tacky Glue for smaller wood projects and other surfaces, both indoor and out, both porous and non-porous. It's never failed me either.

If you are gluing 2 porous surfaces together you probably won't experience a problem. It's when you're gluing a porous surface to a non-porous surface or 2 non-porous surfaces together is where you usually experience problems with hot glue.

o

My friend does florals, wreaths, etc, and she just bought a hot glue pot for dipping things in. It is a great idea, she buys glue chunks to melt in the pot. Works much faster than a gun.

o

For Florals I use a glue gun, for most other projects I also use E6000... it's the best stuff!

Paint Drop Hugs!
MaryRose

o

I use the glue gun for wreaths, e6000 for jewelry and Aleene's tacky for glass and wood. I really like Aleene's as it dries clear and really adheres-plus no smell to deal with as E6000 can make you woosy if you're in an enclosed space and heaven knows I'm light headed enough most of the time ..esp. this time of the year.

o

Please Be Careful with E6000. It works very well but I damaged my lungs......didn't realize how much time passed while I used it in a closed in area.......only a couple of hours. That evening my lungs felt like they were on fire and I was very short of breath. I sure would like to be able to use it again but I am afraid of it. I realized what had been happening to make me feel that way, fortunately.

o

someone posted a site that told what glue was best for each project, but I can't find it. someone help please.

o

Okla-gal, the site is listed below.
hth
Sumr

Here is a link that might be useful: thistothat

o

What a really neat site....so clever of someone to come up with this.....very helpful!! Thanks for posting it

Vikki~~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here