Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Newbie sign-in...

anjabee
17 years ago

Just wanted to say WELCOME to all the newbies here. We are getting lots of new people and hoping to get more, and it's getting hard to remember who we've welcomed. I thought it would be nice to have a thread here to keep us organized so nobody gets left out. So jump in and introduce yourselves so we can say hello!

~Anjabee (aka Anj)

Comments (33)

• colour_me_violet
    17 years ago

I am Violet and I have already been welcomed and made to feel right at home. I'd like to extend my welcome to all those who have signed in after me. I have only been here for a short time. I pop in from time to time usually when I am free at work cause I am trying to be too busy painting at home though. Happy painting.

• diarich
    17 years ago

Hi! I'm Diana the Rich part is for my hubbie Richard.
    I'm just getting back into painting after 3 yrs.
    We live on a farm in Kentucky. I have 3 grown sons a GS Tyler and a GD Arianna. I'm working on some Christmas ornaments. I found some balls that have lost their luster and I'm recycling them LOL
    It's so nice to meet you all.

• gw:craftylady-2006
    17 years ago

I'm a newbie of only a few months and would also like to add my Welcome to others. To the Lurkers, don't be shy, jump in and either share your projects or let us know your comments. Everyone is so wonderfully friendly, such fantastic folks, I'm sure you'll love visiting the forum every day to see what's going on.

Sal

• Cheri_C
    17 years ago

I'm new to this forum. I'm usually on Garden Junk, Trash to Treasurers, or the Craft forum. I read where people were talking about the painting forum, so I just had to check it out. You all do excellent work.
    My name is Cheri and I'm from Ohio. I have 3 grown children and 3 grandsons. I love crafting and gardening!!!

• rosemarythyme
    17 years ago

Welcome to ALL! Haven't been around long and haven't painted in ages! Took my first class in 1993 (I think!) in Va. where I was living at the time. Probably painted twice a week for a year or so. Have painted on and off since. Just to brag: One of the studios in No. Va. produces some wonderfully talented instructors--a few were good enough to have their work selected as White House Christmas decorations! Anyhoo, I have quite a stockpile of wooden items to paint and patterns but have been sidetracked by polymer clay and mosaics lately. Hopefully this forum will get me back to the paints! My DH and I moved to Texarkana a year ago after spending 2 yrs in NH where we thought we would retire. Ha! We have each other and a one year old cat named Buddy. I have been doing crafts since I was a small child (remember cross stitching kitchen towels and pillow cases?). Love to bake (and eat)! My name is Pat.

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm really glad you are all here.

We hope to see some of your pics soon! Put down the tile cutters, cross-stitch, clay, glassware, pipe cleaners and sewing paraphernalia for one weekend (I know it's hard!ha) and pick up those paint brushes! Wipe the dust off those bottles of paint and grab something and make it beautiful. (I know you'll be tempted, but animals, children and husbands are off limits) ha

BTW, I'm a SAHM (but somehow I'm not home all that much). I am the proud mother of 4 children under the age of 12, Also have a DH, a 14 yr old mini-schnauzer, a 2 yr old Siamitab cat and my parents who live with us that I have to mother a little bit too. Now if I have time to paint, anybody should!
    I am a TS junkie and love to find things to re-do. I like to paint, craft, cross-stitch and starting quilting soon! Better take my own advice and paint something first! ha ~Anj

• dreamer137
    17 years ago

I enjoyed being a member before when it was a paid membership and got many great ideas from fellow crafters. It slowed down and I just recently checked it out again. Seems there are many enthusiastic painters here now so I will join in more often and share some of my creations too.
    I paint on almost anything, do people on wine glasses and also make gemstone jewelry. I'm a member of a local Arts Co-op.

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Glad you're back dreamer. We look forward to seeing your creations! ~Anj

• lime_coke
    17 years ago

Hi, I am Char. I want to apologize to anyone I may have offended by just starting off posting. I was rude.

I have been doing some sort of craft or art most of my life. Embroidery, sewing, leatherwork, beading, paper art, mixed media art, wall painting, computer crafts, and...

But, I haven't done any decorative painting...yet. It is someting I will learn.

It has only been the past 5 or 6 years that I have come to accept my work for what it is. Not less or better just my own unique work. As long as it is my best then it is good. Each of us has our own interpretation of what we see. The wonderful thing about this is that our work is hand made and therefore no 2 will be alike.

I am currently receiving medical treatments that are really tiring. So, I will be in and out. Hope you will understand. I will bring my cup of coffee or tea and ask 'is that seat is taken' for discussions and help.

Thanks for having me.

*C*

• soso
    17 years ago

Happened upon this forum today and am loving it.

Started painting in the last few months.

Frequented the crafts and decoration forum years ago
    before it became a paid forum.

• artisticattitudes
    17 years ago

Hi I'm Angela and I love to paint,,,I will paint on just about any surface,,of course I have a lot to learn, but I am fortunate enough to sell my items at home shows and crafts shows...I look forward to knowing you all.

• diarich
    17 years ago

Well Hello!!! It's always nice to meet new people! I haven't been here myself for very long, but the ladies I've met are really sweet. Jump right in and make yourself to home. That's the best way to start out
    Hugs
    Diana

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

A big WELCOME to all of you! Glad that Anjabee started this thread so all of you could post and let us know you are here!

Char, we are thrilled to have new people join in--no offense taken at all! We are hoping that this forum will get really active now that winter is coming and people will be doing more inside crafting. There are no "art critics" here just other crafters who enjoy sharing their ideas and pics of their projects. We might not all like the same thing, but we can sure appreciate the time and effort and talent that went into the project, and applaud the "artist" for a job well done! ;o)

Soso, sure glad you found this forum. We will be looking forward to seeing pics of your projects and getting to know you better.

And Angela, good for you that you are making some money selling your painted projects. We will love hearing all about the home shows and craft shows that you do.

Hope I haven't missed anyone. Just know that we are so glad each one of you have joined in.

I was so thrilled when I found this forum. Then I realized it was nearly dead--little to no activity. I started posting in hopes someone would stop by and chat with me--and it worked! As you can see from the prior pages here and on the gallery, there are at least five or six regular posters now, and a few more who stop in once in awhile.

I live in So. Calif. with DH and our four yr. old Golden Retriever. DS and DIL and sweet little 2+ yr. old GD live a few miles away. I finally got to retire from a banking career of over 30 yrs, so now I have time to use some of the many patterns I have collected over the years. Most of my projects have been for gifts, or personal use. I have sold a few pieces and participated in one craft show. I credit painting with being my stress reliever all those years I was working. Now I do it for the fun and pleasure of it.

I am really looking forward to seeing pics of your projects, getting helpful hints and advice from you and just enjoying the comaraderie of having a shared interest.

Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Char~ no offense taken. We like for you to jump right in! Look forward to seeing your unique things and glad you will be learning with us. As luvs said, no critics here. We hope you will feel well enough to be able to join us some each day. Take care.

SoSo & Angela (I'm an Angela too, but Anj to friends and family) Glad you are with us as well. We are getting quite a handful of new painting friends as we were hoping we would come winter. Have fun! ~Anj

• jlily
    17 years ago

Hello, Another Kentuckian here. Just me and my DH and a miniature Schnauzer, Sparky, that is the light of our lives. I love to paint, craft and garden. We also have a Koi pond.
    We are retired and getting slower every day!! I guess it is alright aas long as we can move. We've been busy getting the garden ready for winter. I'll do more posting when I have more time. LOL JLily

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jlily~ Aren't those mini Schnauzers the best dogs ever?? Mine's name is Pepper and he's almost 15 and a little decrepit, but we love him (he was our first child). He's laying here asleep by my chair in his little sweater. He's been a wonderful family dog.
    Welcome to the forum! ~Anj

• jlily
    17 years ago

Anj we sure love our Schnauzer also- He is about 9 years old. we have been treating him since Sept. for some kind of allergies. We sure have had a time getting rid of those hot spots. But, we love him anyway. Jlily

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jlily~ they do seem to have problems with allergies. We finally figured out ours is allergic to the grass when we cut it.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi Jlily, We will be looking forward to your posts. Good luck with getting ready for winter. Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

bumping

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Bumping again.

• gram_NH
    17 years ago

Now how did I miss this! What a nice bunch you all are. I wrote a little about myself over in conversations before seeing this.

You are all such an inspiration. Have been at Garden Junk since it's conception from Accroutements. Used to lurk in Crafts for a long time when it was a 'payfur'! This is the first year I am actually looking forward to being snowed in for the winter here in NH, so I can practice, practice, practice painting!!

Have a wonderful day!

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Glad to have you here with us Gram! I'm off to check out your post. We are glad you are getting in the mood for painting and hope to see some of your projects soon!! ~Anj

• calpat
    17 years ago

I was so thrilled to find this forum that before I read the whole thing, I jumped right in with"This Must Be My Lucky Day" post. So I'll start at the beginning, better not, that goes back to darn far in time. But I've been crafting, gardening, painting and just living a very exciting life. I'm in the middle of re-arranging stuff at my PictureTrail albums, but then I had computer crashes that nearly did me in with frustrations! All seems to be going well now, so it's onward with "playing with all my toys". It's always a joy to me to communicate with people, especially those who are discovering their talents & potentials. Looking forward to new cyber friends here, learning new/old stuff and sharing! Just call me Pat!

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi Pat, I already posted on your other post, so will just offer a big welcome, and tell you to just hop on in here and have fun. I will be looking forward to chating more with you. Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey Pat~ so glad you found us. Hope you'll feel right at home and start posting lots with us. We have some really nice people here to chat with. Enjoy and don't forget to visit our gallery for lots of pics. ~Anj

• diarich
    17 years ago

Hello Pat! There are some very nice people here.
    Glad you could join us.
    Hugs
    Diana

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

bumping :)

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

bump

• nightlilly
    17 years ago

Hi all, I guess I should have started here but I was so excited that I started posting right away with my questions. I've been painting for a couple of years. It started out as just fun then I started selling my stuff here and there for extra money.

I'm from a small town in Missouri, I know one other painter in my area but I keep trying to convince friends and family to paint...lol...My sister does a little but only when I refuse to paint for her.

Hope to get to know you all better,

Nightlilly

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It's totally ok that you didn't start here. This post was way down the page. Just thought you'd like to read about us too. Glad you are here with us. I don't have anyone here to paint with either. Funny how we want everyone to be as excited as we are about painting. ha Try to get my cousin to paint with me sometimes, but she gets too frustrated and ends up making me finish her projects. She'd rather be scrapbooking. ha Touche'.
    Looking forward to getting to know you too. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Nightlilly, I live in Calif. now, but originally from MIssouri, in the Kansas City/St. Joseph area in the northwest part. Welcome to the forum.

It does seem that scrapbooking, rubberstamping, and beading have sort of pushed painting to the back burner--but I find that things go in cycles--so I am sure that it will become popular again. There are still allot of painters out there, and I am so thrilled when some of the "younger" generation get interested in it.

I no longer have a painting buddy either, that is why I was so thrilled when I found this forum! So nice to have others to share ideas with. Love seeing pics of everyone's projects too. ;o) Each of us have our own styles and skill levels. I hope you will enjoy reading some of the old posts, and checking out all the pics in the gallery.

So tell us a little about you. Married, single?. Kids, no kids? Favorite painter or style? You get the idea. Inquiring minds want to know. LOL

Luvs

• nightlilly
    17 years ago

Anj, your cousin sounds exactly like my sister, she's a scrapbookaholic...lol...she dabbles in painting but usually gives up before she finishes and then pesters me to help.

Ok, sooo..I'm from southeast Missouri, about 30 miles from Arkansas. I'm single and I don't have any kids but I have 2 nephews that I spend time with almost everyday, that's good enough for me...lol

I've only been painting a couple of years but so far my favorite painter is Jamie Mills-Price. I just LOVE the faces her characters have. I hate painting landscapes and any kind of animal that requires you to brush stroke their fur...lol I like to just basecoat then float some shading and highlight, if a peice requires a lot of work with a liner brush, I start pulling my hair out. I don't like doing anything free form, I want a pattern , even if I have to design it myself (which I'm horrible at but working on..lol).

Nighlilly