Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alass_gw

Painting Projects Fit For Royalty - One ePacket -three projects

alass
15 years ago

It's about time to start painting up Christmas gifts. Glitzy Crowns, A Game Tote with a crown on one side and a checkers-2-go game on the other, a tee and a pillow. This would be great for the little princess on your list. Paint a night shirt (long tee) and paint up the bag so she can use it as an overnight tote and play checkers with her friends on it. Her name could be written right under the crown on front of the tote bag.

Here is a link that might be useful: Many Shades of Shabby Catablog

Comments (13)

• alass
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm sorry, I'm new here. I don't know how to take that post away. I think it breaks the rules. My sincere apologies,
    Devonia

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Welcome alass, I don't think we are allowed to advertise or sell things, but you are welcome to show anything you have painted on this forum so we can ooh and ahh over it. I'm not sure about linking your blog...I think some people do on other forums, but it's for the purpose of showing their work, not selling. Maybe someone else can tell you since I haven't read the rules in a while. Hope you'll share some of your painting with us. ~Anj

• alass
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Anjabee, I was a bit flustered because I was enjoying the forum so much, going around and making posts all over it in response to different things. Just a pat on the back or a WOW! like we always do when we love something... decided to "share" this, then saw a pop up that warned me severely but I had already done it. I couldn't see anyway to edit the post or remove it or even report it. Sigh... I'll be kicked off before I even get to really explore the site. And you know what, none of my posts to others are showing up either. I bet I thought I was submitting them when all I did was preview them or something. What a shame. I wish I could do something - reach out and snatch this back. Thanks,
    Devonia :(

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Devonia, the moderators here are wonderful, and I'm sure that when/if they read this, they will accept your apology.

I'm sure you can understand why selling isn't allowed, the forum would turn into nothing but advertisements! LOL

Like Anj said so nicely, we welcome new posters here, and love to see projects everyone has made, so please feel welcomed and join right in.

Luvs

• alass
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you for the kind welcome luvs. I am/was mortified once I realized I had broken the rules. I'll hope for the best and I PROMISE to never do it again. :(

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Devonia is a rather unusual name. I remember visiting a blog of an artist named Devonia who painted beautiful roses--would that be you by any chance? Luvs

• alass
    Original Author
    15 years ago

luvstocraft: I do paint roses and my name is, of course, Devonia. If it turns out it was my blog that you visited,(and not some other Devonia) thank you so much. . I've painted roses a long time. I've designed patterns even longer though. Is it ok to "chat" about what we do? I'm now a bit gun-shy. :) However, like your id suggests, I am "driven" with the passion to craft - something, anything, makes little difference. If someone stationed me in an alley and compelled me to stay, I'd be looking around at the ground and trashcans plotting something to do with them. It's compulsive and began with the first ice cream stick when I was a toddler.

• retiree43
    15 years ago

Davonia, where's your blog located (address)? I would enjoy looking at your roses.
    Clarice

• alass
    Original Author
    15 years ago

retiree43: I'll give the link to my gallery.It is just a sample, there is nothing for sale there. I keep meanng to add more of my work there but I get distracted.

Thank you. Do you paint, Clarice?

Devonia

Here is a link that might be useful: gallery

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Wow! Yes, your blog is the one I had visited. What a pleasure to have such a talented artist visit us here! ;o) Your painted roses are beautiful, and you are very talented.

And yes, this forum is for "chatting" about anything painting related and we often share pictures of our projects as well. We also have a "gallery" section so the pictures will stay on longer, and a "conversations" section where we can chat about even non-painting related topics.

Do you work mostly in oils or acrylics? I love your projects page too, and hope you will keep adding to it. It is so fun to see how you turn a forlorn piece of furniture into an amazingly beautiful one. We would welcome any advice or tips you might have on the projects or regarding painting roses.

I hope you enjoy visiting with us here, please come by anytime.

Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Lots to ooh and aah over on your gallery!! Thanks so much for sharing it here with us. Everything is gorgeous!! You make everything so unique! Love it all.

I think I preview and forget to submit lots of times too. Hurrying too much. ha ~Anj

• alass
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Aww thanks. I'm off to see the gallery. Hope I can find it.

I love oils;however, even water based oils require a one year curing period before the art should be protectively sealed. For that reason, I work in acrylics.

Not the perfect alternative, but working in pigments helps bunches. I use Golden Acrylic paints - vibrant colors for "painterly" products. Golden is readily available at most crafts stores.

• paintgirl2008
    15 years ago

Devonia, I just visited your page and I can only say one thing
    Beautiful, beautiful beautiful!!!! Your roses are gorgeous, as was everything. You are so talented, please post more.I loved it all!