Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

Today's ornaments

paintingfool
14 years ago

I have these little pieces of wood I purchased over a year ago and today I decided I had better start painting them. A couple of snow people and a couple of Santas. OOPS... I forgot to add the snowballs at the bottom - I will post that picture later.

{{!gwi}}.

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

I also painted my niece's bowling bag. Her name is Hope and she is a girly girl.

{{!gwi}}

Sorry about the blurred images. I am trying to take these using a video camera tripod. Not working so well.

Comments (13)

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

Aren't they adorable! The snowman with the birdhouse is so cute and innocent looking, I want to pinch his little rosey cheeks.

• dianecrafts
    14 years ago

Great job. I love the Santa's. I wish I could paint realistic looking Santa's like that. The snowmen are adorable and I'm sure your niece loves her bowling bag, the roses are beautiful.

I have really been getting that "painting" itch lately. We did a little sewing box in class a few weeks ago that is really cute. Now we are doing Christmas designs on wooden spoons, which is really getting me in the mood to paint some ornaments plus I have a lot of sewing I need to get to. Last week I got the larger embroidery machine that I have been waniting for a long time and I haven't even turned it on yet. Boy do I need to get busy doing SOMETHING.

Can't wait to see more of your work.

Diane

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Great job on all your ornaments. I don't like painting on smaller things like ornaments so love it when the rest of you do. LOL Others are counting on you so it's great that you do a wonderful job painting on them and paint so many. PF will you still donate alot or put most on your Etsy for sale?

Nice variety including Hope's bowling ball bag. How old is she? She will have the prettiest bag in town.

Santas, snowmen and roses what great projects. I love all of these things. TFS Punk

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi PG, Hope just turned 18 and her friends decided to be on a bowling league - she is just learning to bowl.

I will be donating some items to the Medical Center for their annual raffle but, as I was telling Luvs, I need ornaments for the Craft show for my club, ornaments for the booth in the antique mall, and ornaments for a gift shop down town, plus some for ETSY. I actually made my first sale today, two ornaments that had only been posted for about an hour. I also made a Santa for the raffle for my chapter.

Thanks CT and Diane for the nice comments. I painted snowmen and santas on some wooden spoons several months ago. You can see them on my blog.

Later yall,

Here is a link that might be useful: Brushed by an Angel

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Good Evening PF,

Bowling will be a fun sport for Hope to start. We have alot of good bowlers in our families but were not.LOL We use to bowl in spring league years ago and loved it. Everyone was from our town and it kept us all close.

Do you keep track of how many ornaments you paint every year? So happy you made your first sale on ETSY. I'll bet you start selling alot soon with the Holidays near. I'll have to find my way back there and browse some day. Who knows I may be your next customer for ornaments.

Keep painting and posting for us to enjoy. Punk

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

PF....you've done it yet again! Everything is super and you have been busy with you magic pens.

Etsy isn't easy to navigate or I am doing something wrong-which isn't a first. I would never have found you if not for your site info., wonder how many other great sites are hidden there.

Visited you Blog again and your slide show is so great. My fave is the Santa with the sign and the Snowman not far after, he is on an oval and framed by either gold or silver. Any idea on who's pattern you used? I do orny's each year and am forever searching for pretty patterns.

Again, beautiful !

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pez, if you are talking about the snowman with the little birds, I remember seeing it in an old Painting magazine. It might be a Trudy Beard but I am not sure. I will see if I can find it and let you know. When it comes to Santas and snowmen, I usually just draw them myself. All I need is something to look at. For a Santas face I have no problem drawing him - but sometimes I will see a painting that I like the colors or the way the head is tilted, and then I can just draw from there. If it is the Santa and snowman with the saying "The fat man's coming", that is mine, I didn't use a pattern. However, I can draw one off for you if you like. I gave the sign away but I can still make a drawing.

ETSY - I always found it hard to navigate. For my shop you have to look under Sellers - then - BrushedByAnAngel and it should come up. Every seller has to use their shop name. Or you can look under Santas or snowmen, or even Christmas. Then those shops that have tagged an item with those names should show up. I was laughing with my hubby and told him this may be the only sale I get all season so I am very happy about it.

Oh, these are the little snowballs hanging from the ornaments above. They are glittery which may not show up in the photo.
    {{!gwi}}
    Later,
    B

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

PF.....Your ornaments are always great and the shapes are fun. A drawing would be really nice! I now have gained more books and am starting to "pick this pattern and put it there" or use the color palette on another project. The internet has helped with "how it's done," and thinking back, I really struggled with everything from base coating to shading to keeping it all equal. And going back a step was a normal thing. Ah! the pains of having a desire.

I found your site very easily and am spreading the word with my friends. I like seeing all the beautiful and varied type of arts and crafts in all of the online sites and spend toooooo much time looking and not painting!

Off to do housework so I can paint.......well hoping to paint!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Bebe, the little glittery snowballs are a perfect extra touch! ;o) Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

I really like the glitter balls too. Where do you come up with ideas to add bling to the bottom of your ornaments woman? I love seeing all these neat ideas.

Punk

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks yall. When you have just a plain ole piece of wood, you have to add something to spice it up just a little bit. I found these little snowballs in the miniature ornament department at Hobby Lobby. You get about 24 for $1.99 and of course with the 40% off coupon or when the store has the 40% off like they do this week, it is even cheaper.

Can't wait for yall to start showing your ornaments. And PG, I will get you a pattern posted within the next few days. Right now I am painting old train cases or overnight bags. Just basecoating, trying to get them ready for decorating and will be using some in our antique booth.

Later
    B

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Oh, I can't wait to see what you paint on the train cases, Bebe. I still have a one that I haven't done anything with yet--bought it thinking I'd just do roses on it similar to the large suitcase I painted before.

You are a busy lady now with so many places to sell your items. Having fun with it all I hope.

Luvs

• kacram
    14 years ago

GREAT! those snowballs are just the right touch!