Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Santa Needs Help Update

pezabelle
14 years ago

Well.........he's done! Whew! He looks a darker green but it is almost an exact match to the original color. His cheeks and nose are a little to bold but can't change them now or now that I see them in print maybe I will go back and tone them down. I might add a little more spray on glitter but again maybe not. Could not figure out anything else to have him holding, tried a swag, and a wreath and lights and nothing worked...I really don't like this but at least it's not offensive.

Belle

Sorry for the background mess, just getting ready to do some ornaments for Christmas.

Comments (9)

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

AWE Santa is so cute, Belle. Don't worry about changing a thing. It's the pleasin' season and he'll do the job just fine. His little HO, HO, HO sign is dandy and fits in great.

I can't believe you went to all the work to remove the paint and start over. I love his eyes, bushy eyebrows and hair.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

That turned out to be quite a job for you. I like the hat better now, and your Ho Ho Ho sign is perfect for him to hold! Good job! I'm sure your friend will be really pleased--and will KNOW you are a miracle worker for sure! LOL

Luvs

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you both for the kind words! But I need the cold, hard facts......should I soften the color of the cheeks? They do stand out.

Belle

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OK, so being the person that I am.....in the color test I am a green..which means I am a very exact person....I softened the cheeks, nose and mouth, spray sealed the changes and out the door he went.

Belle

PS If you ever get a chance to take the personality color test...Do It! It is fun! I took it during a conference and when the instructor explained what a green personality was and asked if anyone knew someone in the room that was a green...about 30 people pointed at me ....guess they have me figured out!

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

LOL, too funny Belle. I've never taken that test but it sounds interesting.

Glad you fixed him the way you wanted and he is off to a good home for a good cause.

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Belle~ finally found your Santa...always forget to come here. You did a fantastic job remaking this guy. Love the way you fixed the hat and the head. Looks great! Good job woman! You are a miracle worker. ha ~Anj

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Oh Belle, I'm not surprised that you fixed Santa to your liking and I'm glad you did. Now you can move on to painting more things and never think of that issue again Mrs. Perfection! I'm the same way and if I have a spare minute I'll grab a project I'm not totally satisfied with and redo the problem area.

I use to be that particular with our home too but now days I don't have the time to go to that extreme and still have time to paint and keep up with the yard and I'm glad. LOL

Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Punk, I'm glad you allowed yourself to not be such a perfectionist about your house--my goodness woman you work over a 40 hour work week, keep up with a big yard and garden, help everyone you know, and have lots of company all year long--you deserve a break gal! LOL

Funny, I always thought I'd keep house better if I didn't have to do it while working at the bank all week--and for a year or so after I'd quit, it seemed true. However, now that DH is retired, I don't worry as much about it. It was either do housework everyday or relax a bit and head off to movies, take a long ride, go for a walk, laugh at a tv show, head off to the mall, etc. with him. I still make sure the laundry is done, and I'm sort of a fanatic about wanting the bed made each day, the dishes get washed, floors vacuumed, etc. but there's certainly more "clutter" on the counters and tabletops or even the couch than ever before--and I find that I really put off doing things like painting walls, washing windows, etc. that I probably would have done before. But who cares? No one really--so I tell myself to relax and not worry about it--this time we are getting to spend together is much more important than having a perfectly clean house!

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Luvs, thanks so much for the thoughtful post. You know your alot like me. I'm so happy that you have let things go so that you can enjoy other things more. I do believe that we have to grow older to realize how precious time is. Punk