Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
citytransplantzone5

Just a few more photos

I am trying to make them smaller...really I am.

Comments (9)

• paintingfool
    14 years ago

The size doesn't bother me, they are all adorable. I looked at the other ones on your earlier posts. I never could paint ceramics or porcelain very well, I work better on flat objects. You do great work, look forward to seeing more.
    Bebe

Here is a link that might be useful: Brushed by an Angel

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

CT,
    The size doesn't bother me either and I love your Santa. Love all the sparkles and details you added. I have a couple ceramic Santas to paint so you may be my inspiration to finish them.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

I really like this Santa. I've only painted a couple of resin items, used to do allot of ceramic bisque pieces many years ago. Where do you buy your resin pieces? Luvs

• citytransplant(zone5)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. It is encourging for me to keep on painting. Looking at all of your creations really, really is what got me to wanting to paint again. I buy my resin pieces, some supplies, books and get lots of ideas from the Artist's Club. I get catalogs in the mail, but you can find them at: artistsclub.com Did you get a good view of the flag box in the background? At one time I had an "Americana" room, this wooden box was purchased somewhere...don't remember where. Since I no longer have the room, I am trying to use just a few of the many pieces I had. Most of the things are gone, but I did save a few and decorated my laundry room with them. Many of the pieces are from the early Decorative Woodcrafts magazine. I loved just loved them, even bought a scroll saw to make many of the pieces they had each month. Anybody remember them or am I showing my age? I have every one of their magazines from the first to the last publication. That was back when I first started to paint and boy was I excited to use their ideas. I just love primitives, even if it is no longer stylish.... this box I use to hold painting supplies now.

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Citytransplant......does you name mean, like me, you now live in the country?

You Santa is so sparkling! He is great and nothing like I have see in the Artists club monthly or online.....your taste and talent came shinning through. I like your Americana, my living room is all about America, old and new.

The size of your pictures is just fine....don't have to click and then wait while they download.

Please come back often and spark our creative natures!

PezaBelle

• citytransplant(zone5)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pezabelle, YES! Born and raised in Chicago, always wanted to leave, but family, jobs and schools kept me there. Finally retired in 2005 and moved to a beautiful riverside with 5 acres in the woods... then met my DH. We were married last year when we were both 66 years old. I now live in our new home that we built on his family farm, so am in the middle of corns and beans...and love it! It gets a bit lonely, but I try to visit friends and relatives as often as possible. What city are you from? Now in the country? Oh boy,, I guess this is off of the subject, still can't figure out how to get on conversation sie of this site. Thanks for the compliments on Santa. I used clear glitter on the trim of his coat, so it would be a bit different and sparkle.

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

City, I still have lots of my old copies of Decorative Woodcrafts too and look back through them each season. I don't think I have every issue, but I did subscribe for several years. Like you, I loved that magazine and the fact that they had articles on how to cut your own wood pieces. I love my scroll saws and belt sander--and I love the smell of wood! LOL

I'm just the opposite of you and Belle, I grew up on farms then moved to the city! I still miss the country sometimes--especially the pastures and creeks where you could take walks without lots of other people around!

Luvs

• citytransplant(zone5)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Luv's

You had asked if I had any old photos to share and I went around the house and took a few pictures. The funny part is, most of the items are from Decorative Woodcrafts. I was looking at their first issue the other day and I think I made almost everything in that one issue. That was the reason I got a scroll saw and put my woodshop back together. I will be posting the pictues very soon, right now I have to finish a project for a friend of mine.

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Seattle born and raised, married a country boy and found out first hand you can't take the country out of the boy! We live in a very rural part of SW WA. which is growing by leaps and bounds. Our home intersects with the Chehalis River and a very small creek. We have hopes...slim though they may be....of moving to either Montana or Wyoming...where there is still open country. Yes, it can get lonely. I think that is why I never write just a note but a novel. Have you tried Audio Books? They are great!

We do need to take this over to the conversational side of this forum. So come on over and chat!

Belle

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21