Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

So many projects I wanna do!

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Just realized that I am getting so many ideas for new projects from this forum and there are only a few people posting here! What in the world would I do if there were a whole bunch more great ideas.

Anj, in one of your other posts, you mentioned about feeling ovewhelmed with all the GJ projects and now here too--I agree with you! I am trying to do both also. And I can't do just one at a time--I've got two painting projects I'm working on now AND I'm making two new totems and starting a third plus have some planting to get done!

Better get off this computer and get busy--just stopped by while I ate a bite of lunch. It is so fun to hear what you guys have to say and see your pics! Just need to take a deep breath--whew! Now focus on one project at a time and just do it! See ya later.

Luvs

Comments (8)

• payd6
    17 years ago

I hear ya luvs, I think we all feel like this. if I only finished half of the projects I want, I will be happy!
    hang in there!

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Yes, I think having a focus session after each visit to the site is definitely in order. I think I'll just keep a notebook by the computer and keep a running list so it's not all floating around in my head keeping me in panic mode. Panic mode because I might forget something great that I want to do while I'm still trying to finish the last 100 things I still want to do. ha That way as I'm marking things off that I've done I'll at least feel that I'm making some headway. Probably should make it a sectioned notebook to keep all the season stuff separate. But then I might also need a notebook to keep up with my GJ stuff,non-painted crafts and my cross-stitch. Yes, might need more than one notebook and maybe color code them. Oh and better keep a running "grocery" list of things to buy or look out for at the TS so I can do some of the projects. OK Alarm alarm!! Overwhelmed again. ha JK Better just stick to my present modus operendi. Stack everything up in my dining room and stare at it until something screams "Work on me today!!. ha Ahh, it's sure fun though.

Now my DM wants to set up a quilt for me to help her work on!! Can someone please put in for more hours in the day. I'd greatly appreciate it. :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Back again--can't stay away from this place!

Okay, the totems are almost done--got to go get two more bud vases--ended up making four totems and part of another one out of the TS finds this week plus some items I already had.

The doll cradle is painted! Just need to make a little pillow and blanket for it--and take pics to show you guys!

Got some Pentas at Lowe's in the mark down section today--and they are planted and all plants fertilized and roses deadheaded. I am tired but so pleased that I made progress today. And totally enjoyed myself!

Anj--a quilt???? Do you know how much time those take? LOL However, it would be nice Mother/Daughter time for you. You will be burning the midnight oil for sure just to find time to paint! And you still have to squeeze in some GJ projects! Where's that magic wand?? Ha ha

Payd--you make your items to sell, don't you? Plus you work full time? You must have to stay organized and focused so that you finish enough projects for your sales. And I know you like making GJ things too. Better swish the magic wand your way too!

What I find keeps me focused is wanting to chat and share projects with you guys! Can't wait to finish so I can take a pic to share. So nice to be in contact with others who enjoy the same things.

We'll just keep motivating each other, and keep those lists growing and growing. And yes, it really is fun! ;o)

Luvs

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

Looks like i'm doing nothing today except blowing my nose.It's October and my allergies have kicked in big time.I spent all of last night and so far all of today sneezing and blowing,wiping my nose.I've already taken my allergy pills,but they are slow to kick in.So it's just drip,drip,drip,achoo,achoo .Can't get anything done this way.Plus all the sneezing makes my throat sore.

OK,enough with the whining!!!
    Hope you guys get a lot done,and don't forget,we like pictures!!1
    Kathi

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Kathi, Glad you stopped by to check on us. So sorry about your allergies--hope the medication kicks in and helps you feel better. Hey, when you pull out your Fall or Halloween decorations, hope you will share pics of any painted pieces you come across. Take care of yourself, and give us a shout again soon. Luvs

• kathi_mdgd
    17 years ago

Don't have any painted halloween stuff except this pumpkin,that my GS painted for me when he was 12.He's now 25,but i put it out every year.Never even realized i didn't have any painted halloween/fall stuff.Will have to do something about that.Most of my fall & halloween stuff i made,but on the sewing machine.Here's a few of them.
    Kathi

{{gwi:677345}}

Didn't paint these pumpkins,but i thought they were cute.Got them at big lots several years ago.I have since removed that uncle sam picture from that buffett.

Kathi

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Little Ms Greenthumb Kathi! ha Love all your house plants. I can only grow my indoor plants in water. If I try to put them in dirt I kill them. ha Hope you are feeling better. :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Your plants are lovely--I don't do houseplants well, even though I think they are nice. I love your table runner and doll--is the doll on the lace covered table a cloth one? Sort of looks like wood. Little pumpkin is cute and so sentimental. Sounds like you better lay that needle down for a little bit and pick up the old paint brush for some Fall projects. You paint so well that I am sure yours would be wonderful. Thanks for sharing your pics! Luvs

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer