Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
citytransplantzone5

Pink stool...finally

I have been spending all of my free time looking at books and mags going back to 1992, in the hope of finding an inspiration. The blue duck, while really cute, just did not feel like it suited my GGD.

Wouldn't ya know it, I finally got to the 2009 Painting Mag and there it was. The eye's...the smile...

This is how my sweet GGD makes people feel when they are

with her.

Joan

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Joan, what a darling design for the little stool. I love all the pretty colors, and that little face just makes me smile. I am sure she will just love it! Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Joan,

Your GGD is going to have the cutest stool around. Everyone who sees it will be smiling right back with that cute little flower face you painted on it. Did you paint this just like the pattern? I like how you finished the edges around those neat quilted petals. TFS

Punk

• citytransplant(zone5)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Luvs,

Thanks, I smile everytime I see it too. Like I said.. just like my GGD and her sweet smile, it lights up a room.

Punk,

Thank you too. The sun was on a lamp base, I think...or a clock...what ever it was on, I did not care for, but loved the face. (The book is downstairs and I am up right now) I know there were other things going on in the pattern ...can't remember what...anyway I pretty much followed the pattern for the face... it just seemed so perfect. Oh is that a flower? funny, I thought it was a sun. No matter, I like it whatever it is called.

Joan

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Joan, your project brought back a memory for me. One year I made two placemats very similar to this pattern, used several different fabrics and appliqued and embroidered the face. I gave them to a special aunt and uncle--she loved them so much BUT she put them on the twin beds in her guest room to welcome guests! She said they just seemed perfect to make guests smile and feel welcomed! ;o)

It really is a darling design and you did a really nice job on the colors and painting.

Luvs

• kraftymom
    14 years ago

That is so cute! Your GGD will love it and probably find a way to use it every day.

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Joan,

Sun or flower, it's a cute stool. I'm sorry I called your sun a flower though. Just goes to show it's pretty as a flower to me. I don't have the book so leave it up to me to stick my foot in my mouth.

Luvs, that's neat that your aunt didn't want to take a chance on something happening to the place mats you made for her and used them to welcome guests.

Kraftymom, it's good to see you here again.

Punk

• citytransplant(zone5)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Punk,

You didn't put your "foot in your mouth" I always enjoy how people view things differently. It has been proven many times right here, how each person will see something the other did not. After you said flower, I now see a flower. Another persons point of view is a big part of makes life interesting.

Luvs, how wonderful that your Aunt really appreciated your work and wanted to share the love you put into it with her guests.

Kraftymom, Thanks so much. I too hope she will like it and use it often.

Punk...what does TFS mean?

Joan

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Joan,

Your so sweet to say that after I called your sunshine a flower. I meant it positive an you took it that way. TFS is thanks for sharing.

Punk

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County