Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One Ice Skate

Posted by frances_ar (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 13, 06 at 15:32

This is a skate I've painted, but haven't gotten anything else done to it yet. I can't find the ribbon I want to use for the laces, and my Christmas flowers are buried in the shed right now. I kinda wish I hadn't used blue for the background color, but it's too late now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One Ice Skate

Frances~ You did a fantastic job on the bird!! I think it's beautiful. I've seen these done with poinsettias before, but never with a bird. It's gonna look perfect when you get the laces and flowers in it. Are you doing a second one to go with it? Just asking because the ones I saw were hanging from the laces in pairs, but yours will look great by itself. I like to see all the different surfaces we paint on. It seems to have an almost iridescent quality to it. Did you use a special paint or do anything special to achieve that? ~Anj

o

Anj, Thanks for the compliment. I think I'm going to do the other skate separate and give one of each to my 2 DD's. I used the Folkart metalic Periwinkle paint, but it was so dark, I put one coat of Pearl paint over it, and it toned it down just right. Then I used Delta's Sparkle Varnish, and that's where the iridescent look comes in.

o

Wow! I've never used the metalic paint or the sparkle varnish--but I will sure keep them in mind now after seeing how good they look on your skate. I agree with Anj--great job on the bird and on the limbs with snow on them. DD's will love them! Luvs

o

verrrry nice job frances! love the colour! :-)

o

Just found this forum. Lucky me. I LOVE paint and have hundreds of bottles. The skate is magnificant! Keep up the good work.

o

Rosmarythyme, Welcome! So glad your found this forum too! Please put those bottles of paint to use and create lots of nice projects to share with us on here. We love seeing pics of everyone's projects! Hope you will come by often. Luvs

o

Very beautiful Frances, I love the Periwinkle blue (one of my favorite blue colors) and I love the bird. You did a fantastic job on it (whether you like it or not, I do!!!).

I painted a black skate last year. I don't have a close-up pic but it has holly leaves, red berries and snow.

Sal

Here is a link that might be useful: Black painted skate - Pic

o

Crafty, Your skate looks so pretty too! Very festive looking. I think I would be very comfortable in your home--we both seem to like oak and crafts, and florals! Love the pinecone swag too--did you make it? Bet my chances of finding an ice skate in So. Calif would be pretty slim, don't you? Still I am going to make it a point to watch for them now after seeing how you and Frances have decorated them. Thanks for sharing. Luvs

o

Sal, love your skate too. Great choice of pattern on the black background. I like the holly & berries. Ya'll are getting me in the mood to decorate for Christmas and I'm just getting into the fall stuff! ha Great skates!! ~Anj

o

CRAFTY: That black skate is mAAAAGGGGNIIIFICCCEEENNNNTTTT!

o

That is gorgeous! You are very talented!
Diana

o

I love both of your painted skates. I have a friend in Ohio that paints them and sells on e-bay. Just a thought to earn some extra Christmas bucks. Jlily

o

Great job on the skates ladies!!! You all do such wonderful creations!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here