Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This year's first Christmas project

Posted by calirose (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 9, 10 at 13:18

Painted on sled that is 5" across and about 10" long. Design is based on Mary Jo Leisure's Tucked Among the Holly ornament booklet.

From Acrylic and Oils

From Acrylic and Oils

From Acrylic and Oils

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This year's first Christmas project

What a wonderful Christmas decorating treasure that will be. The sled has sort of an antique look about it and the design you selected for it is just right. ;o)

I haven't really thought about Christmas painting yet, still into Halloween and Fall. I'm glad I started early this year, I'm not getting nearly as much painted as I wanted to.

Luvs

o

Calirose - that sled is a great backdrop for this pattern. Was the sled that color when you got it or did you stain it?

o

Thank you both!

The sled was about the color of the easel behind it in the last picture. I think it was Punk who painted her sled black and that gave me the idea of darkening my sled. (Sorry if I gave the wrong person-I'm just learning the people here)

I used oil paint to stain the sled surface; then used water soluable oils to paint. I still need a few highlights but need the paint to dry a little. The runners I painted black acrylic and distressed a little.

I love fall, but Halloween doesn't get much attention here. No young-uns around. Maybe I am trying to rush Christmas because it is 90 degrees here!! Doesn't seem like fall. LOL

o

Cali, your sled turned out beautiful. I remember Bebe painted a santa with roses on a sled that was beautiful. I'm sure this is the one you are thinking about. I paint on black backgrounds alot but haven't painted a sled lately. I haven't taken time to paint MUCH lately.

Punk

o

Thanks Punk for the compliment AND for correcting me! I don't want to slight Bebe!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here