Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Need an update

luvstocraft
17 years ago

Good morning! We made it back home safe & sound--kind of tired, but it was nice. I always take way more food and clothing along than we need--then have it all to put away!

Anj, How did your Mom's MRI go? Is she in allot of pain? Hope not. Hope your Dad will be home soon so he can be there to help her with things too.

Well, I didn't get any painting done, but did get some good ideas. Now I am all enthused--but have errands to run this morning and the freshly washed laundry to take back down to the MH. Have to work at the store tonight and tomorrow--not sure when I will get to paint! Maybe if I can just get something started, I can work on it a little here and there!

Know all of you are busy too--hard to find time for our "want to do's" isn't it?

Luvs

Comments (4)

• anjabee
    17 years ago

The MRI took about an hour and a half. I worked on my project list and napped a little in the van with the kids while they watched a movie. DM will know something today after they read them I hope. I took her to my Dr and they gave her some anti-inflammatory and pain meds so she is a little more comforable while she waits to know what they will do next. My Dr thought it might be a torn rotator cuff.

I didn't get any sleep at all last night and am dragging booty today. Will try to gather enough energy to work on the witch gourd, fan blade or a wooden pumpkin stack. We'll see.

Glad you made it back safely. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Glad they gave her something for the pain. A lady on GJ conversation side had fallen and really messed up her shoulder--and the pain medication wasn't helping much. Only takes a second to really mess ourselves up--I've had my share of those moments.

Don't worry about painting when you are so tired--it's supposed to be for pleasure--not a "have to". Don't know how you keep up with your household stuff, the kids, and find time to paint! I can't seem to get to it and I don't have any kids at home (unless you count my dog--it's just like a kid!) ;o)

Thanks for the update. We will chat later. Luvs

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Hi~ I got a 2 1/2 hour nap with my baby today. So glad cause she usually only naps for about an hour. Feel a little more refreshed just in time for the school kids to get home and need a snack. Catching up on a little housework now and haven't even started supper yet.

It gets a little hard to balance things around here at times. I know I don't have to paint, but want to. This little forum is fragil and doesn't get much action unless we all do our parts and I really want it to stay busy. I really look forward to the times I can relax and look at everyone's creations. Plus I need to get busy so I can have a few more things done for Halloween. I try to at least get a few things done every year to add to my collection.

I saw on the Crafts forums that a few folks over there are trying to get it up and going again too. Now that things are free again I hope people will start coming back.

Well, back to work. Just stopped in for a sec while I was dusting my screen. ha It's Survivor and CSI night on tv so I probably won't get back here until tomorrow. Have a nice night. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just got home from work. Market night was pretty slow since the county fair is going on. Don't know why I feel so tired! Think I'll try to get to bed earlier tonight. Glad to hear you got the nap--you needed that! Interesting that you "dust" your computer when it is on! LOL Before I left for work, I painted on the little doll cradle. Need to do some touchups and spray it with sealer then it will be ready for the after pics! I sort of wanted to do a little teddy bear or something--but ended up just doing roses on it. I can put a couple of small plants in it when GD is finished with it. She gets bored with things quickly. I too love coming here to see if anyone has posted a message or picture. Now I look here before I go over to GJ even! I know what you mean about our little forum--want there to be "action" here so that when people stop by--they will want to come back again. I'll get the camera out on Saturday morning--then I'll have more pics to post too. Later. Luvs

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus