Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I painted yesterday!

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 22, 06 at 11:54

Customer at the little store where I work wanted to buy three very rustic tool box type boxes. All three are whitewashed, but one had simple roses painted on the side. She wanted roses on all three--so my boss asked me if I would paint them.

I worked on them yesterday--really rough wood so not easy to do One Stroke roses on them. She wanted some red roses but those are really hard to get contrast--white makes it pink, and black is too dominant. I used two shades of red, then went back and put some hilites on with white afterwards. Guess it is okay. The other box I just did with pink roses and a vine.

I'll take a couple of pics and post them later. Hope she likes them, first time I have done a "by request" project.

Luvs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I painted yesterday!

can't wait to see the photos!

o

It's not easy on rough wood. I can't wait to see.

o

Ohhhh Luvs, how fantastic for you to be "commissioned" to do a painting job. You must feel really proud - heck, I feel proud for you. Posts those pics gal, you know we HAVE to see them.

Sal

o

Luvs, how did I miss this? Judging from your other pics, I'm sure there is no way she wouldn't like your One Stroke. It's always nerve wracking painting for other people though, isn't it? Can't wait to see the pics. I hope you are getting paid extra for that! ;) ~Anj

o

This one isn't a big deal--just a way to save the sale for my boss. Customer said she would buy all three if they had roses on them. (Only one did) Boss asked me if I would paint them for her--so I said okay. I'd rather sell things I've already made--don't like to do "custom" work. Ha ha I posted pics over on the gallery. luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here