Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
citytransplantzone5

While I was waiting to be inspiried...

Found this clock at a TS and thought had a brilliant idea about changing the face and giving it as a gift. Well after inspecting it, found the face was scratched, a small crack and definitely not gift worthy.

So, as I was pondering how to finish the step stool, I thought that I still wanted to paint the clock and could use it in my craft room

Okay the rose still looks like cow plop... BUT, this is only the first of the 100 rose challange!

Joan

Comments (6)

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Cow plop? Have you seen a cow plop? A cow plop looks nothing like your rose! And I'm sure the smell is quite different.

Your makeover clock look very nice, the colors and shape is well balanced, something I don't seem to be able to do and I like your daisy's.

Have you tried moving the crack to the 12 o'clock position, it might be less visible away from your leaves and flowers.

You have started on your 100 roses trek...I still have to make my first stroke-I back with the chickens!

Belle

• citytransplant(zone5)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The line at 4:00 is not a crack, it is a sign of my laziness. There was a choice, take the clock works completely off or cut the cardboard and hope it won't show.

Silly me, of course it will show. I did however, think I made the cut at 6:00, and the arrangement would be more like a half moon....but, the tabs fit only where it is. And the plastic wall hanger is on top, not movable.

The picture is really close-up and the clock will hang a bit up, so...mayyybeee no one will notice.

Thanks for the critique Belle, it is always nice to get an honest opinion on how to improve our work.

Joan

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Sorry I got it wrong, nothing new for me! Have you tried using a color just darker than the background? Quite often a darker color is harder to see than a lighter one. You eye see's it but moves on, not really catching it.

Belle

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

IMHO anything looks better with roses on it! LOL Spoken like a true rose lover--although I've not painted anywhere near the 100 yet either.

Great idea to redo the clock. I love to see redo's on items, and this will look great in your craft area.

Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Joan,

Great job on the redo. You will enjoy your clock more now with roses. If your concerned about the cut showing more than you like, you could try to sponge black or another color over it to blend. I've done things like this also and the one who's doing it notices more than others. I wonder if you could use a wax on the face to cover the scratch. I didn't notice any.

Punk

• citytransplant(zone5)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone, the clock is what it is. Really in person it is hardly noticible. Or at least I don't see it very much. What brings everything so darned forward is the hugh pictures I put up.

I did look on photoshop to see where the first icon is, but the only way I know how to post a picture is to use the "more" options and cut and paste the HTTP. I know my camera takes large pictures and have had trouble with this in other sites, but I cannot figure out how to reduce the pixels before up loading any pictures. In the meantime, I really hesitate to put any more pictures up. All of you gals are really, truly, wonderful and supportive, but magnitizing any work does not do it justice. Even Van Gough (and belive me, I am not saying that I am worthy even to wash his socks), but put a magnifing glass to his work, and it would look like blurry dots, but when you stand back to see them... it brings tears to your eyes, so incredibaly beautiful and dimensional.

Yeah, yeah I know, stand wayyy farrr back to see the clock, still not beautiful, but it does look much better.

I desperately need to find a way to fix my photo problems.

Joan

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County