Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for a wood source like Homespun Touch

Posted by
Vicki W in WA
(tomvicki@nwlink.com) on
Tue, Oct 30, 01 at 10:24

I see that Homespun Touch no longer puts out catalog with all of the books and many of the wood cut outs to go with them. I believe Pat Olson sold the store and discontinued the mail order portion.
I looked at Miller woodcrafts and I am familar with Artist Club but they do not have the variety that Homespun touch had. I do not have an area to cut the wood and would like to find another source where I can look at each of the books and find the wood to go with it. The craft stores have surfaces to paint on and the painting books give you a source for the projects in the book but not the prices and usually not at a discount. Any other ideas? thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for a wood source like Homespun Touch

Hi Vikki-

I most of the stuff I can't cut from Cabin Crafters, They sell, patterns. books, and supplies, they also cut. Good Luck

o

I don't know what the site Homespun Touch included but I have found a lot of wood cutouts at Wood Works. THe quality of the wood they have is really good and they deliver very quickly. I can't remember but with a minimum order there is not s & h.

Hope you find what you can use Joyce

Here is a link that might be useful: Wood Works

o

Joyce, thanks for the info on Woodworks-looked it up and placed an order today. The local craft stores were out of a small item I needed to complete some orders. I only needed one item, so had to pay a huge s&h charge, but even with that came out the same as I'd been paying in the stores. Delivered right to my door and saved many trips into town checking only to find they were still out! Can't wait to get my catalog & will start on plans for next years crafts...LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here