Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missy11_gw

Candy Corn DONE!

missy11
15 years ago

I finaly finished up all 80 candy corns... It was a family group effort.... Its a good think I enjoy painting! Now I have people asking what I will be doing for Christmas... they want snowboys and girls... lol... will see what I can come up with... any suggestions? ....

here are a few pic's for our time making 80 candy corns...

Missy

my dad and husband helping out

here I am... I tried using the "slim" selection on my camera but "wide" is what it used...lol...

my house was over run by candy corn

done!

special orders... sports

now what can I make with all the scrap wood??? any idea? something for the holidays....

Comments (9)

• kraftymom
    15 years ago

All I can say is HOLY COW!!! That's a lot of candy corns!! LOL

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Missy, are you ever going to want to even "look" at a candy corn again! So glad your family pitched in to help you. That is just amazing! They all look adorable,I especially like the one with the little pink bow! Great job!

Not to worry about your camera--mine always does the same thing! LOL

When looking at those wood scraps, I'm seeing candy canes! ;o)

Luvs

• sjarz
    15 years ago

Holy crap that's a lot of candy corn...my personal limit on making things is 12, after that I just zone out on the project...
    those leftovers - if you trimmed them a bit you could make them elongated triangles and then put them together to make stars...
    Suzan J

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Merciful Heavens!!! That is a plethera of candy corns. Woman, are you dreamig you are painting candy corns now? ha No way I could do that many, I'd go nuts and give up after doing the base coats. ha Great pics. So nice how you all worked together to get them done. You deserve some pats on the back...pass em on to DH and DD. ha ~Anj

• pezabelle
    15 years ago

Fantastic! And I love how you changed the noses. Was your inspiration from Gaye Shoel? (sp) And what are you doing with the candy corn? If they are Trick or Treat treats - I want your address.

• missy11
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yall are so funny... thanks for all the comments... I really enjoyed painting... but once I start I want to finish... NO interuptions... lol... yea right... I have 15 more orders... I told them NO MORE,..,..
    Pezabelle... a friend took a picture of my candy corn in my yard to show her friends at work... they ask if i could make them one,, and so on to 80... or now I should say 95... They noses were special orders.. they asked for them... I thought they came out really cute...
    ohhhh,,, popcorn balls are my treats for trick or treaters and the parents... lol... but I wont be home this year.. I will have a the football game...with my basket of popcorn ball in hand... lol,,,,
    Missy

• phonegirl
    15 years ago

That is quite the operation you have going during your candy corn production. I think you are ready for mass production and should consider quitting your job and painting and selling for a living. I love it! This is proof that your family loves you. Keep up the good work. If your scraps are large enough I think you could make stars, candy canes like mentioned above or even Christmas trees. Your next project wouldn't have to be as large as the candy corns.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Well, I ran right out & cut out 2 on my table jig saw & sanded them & brought them in & forgot they were sitting there waiting to paint, easy start on next yr. I guess. Wow! That is a lot of work!! They are much bigger than I thought. I used 1/2 solid pine & they are 6 1/2 in. tall. Your's look about 12-15 in. tall. I'm going to put them inside on the window sill with some other decorations!! Scraps maybe angels standing sideways??? Jan

• donnawb
    15 years ago

Those are so cute and oh so many. Love the sports ones.