Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone stencil?

Posted by Norma_MN (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 7, 02 at 0:43

I know it's far from being a new craft, but I'm trying it for the first time. Any pointers?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone stencil?

Practice first on a piece of paper or something. I remember seeing others doing it and thinking it just had to be soooo simple. The first time I tried to stencil, I made a mess. Nothing came out perfect and I had paint in places it wasn't supposed to be. Last year I tried again and things worked out pretty good. I think that it helped that I had been painting and crafting since the first time and learned something about paint and brushes and patience! Just don't expect it to be a breeze all the time. Sometimes it takes a while and it won't be perfect. Just step back and see if it's noticeable, though before getting all upset! Good luck.

~Leslie~

o
RE: Anyone stencil?

Most people stenciling for the first time tend to use too much paint. Load your brush and pounce off excess paint on several layers of paper towel. Your brush should seem almost dry. Blot until you think you've taken off enough paint and then blot again. It is easier to add more colour to your project than to remove! Have fun!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here