Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

This Santa is a little different

paintingfool
14 years ago

This Santa is one that I actually make. I only paint his eyes/face. I sew the Santa and glue on every hair on his face and head. And I know nothing about fur but his fur is mink. Hope you like him.

b
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Brushed by an Angel

Comments (11)

• paintgirl2008
    14 years ago

What a great Santa! I love him. He looks pretty big, so nice for Christmas!

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks PG, he is about 25 inches long, 15 inches high when sitting. He takes me about three hours to make - it might be quicker if I used a pattern but I just guesstimate the size - that may be why no two are really alike. And I am not a fan of painting faces on fabric - can't always get the detail I want. Now that I am really looking at him I see the glue webs I had better brush off. Later,
    B

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Bebe........I like him! He is just plain great! And you did him with no pattern.....WoW!

I'm not patient enough for trial and error. I like other people to do that for me, all I want to do is get to the best parts.

About the glue webs, I use my hair blower, on high, with a light sweeping. It shrinks all of the webs.

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

PF......Just visited your blog...now I know why! How wonderful to create something so beautiful and then do an even great thing by donating him to help fund painting events. And you chapter blog was fun to read....how luck to have so many talented people in one place. I really need to find a group to paint with!

Belle

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

He's a cutie, Bebe. I really love his little belt too. The flowers and berries he's holding are so pretty--you sure did a nice job on his eyes too. Luvs

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Oh Bebe your Santa is so darling and his face is so cute. I love santa.

Punk

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Luvs, his belt is from my slacks - I outgrew it a long time ago and had to cut off a lot of it...

Belle - Thanks for the hint with the blow dryer - it worked. Perhaps there is a painting chapter near you.

Punk - Thanks, I love Santas, whether I paint them or make them. I have a really cute Snowman I will post later.

Night, yall.
    B

• kathleen_li
    14 years ago

Hi PF!
    Your Santa is really beautiful!
    Going to go look for your blog..I didn't know !!

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Wowzers!!

• citytransplant(zone5)
    14 years ago

What a beautiful Santa, the eyes, the hair, his clothes and then, boy oh boy, mink boot tops! He is terrific!

I don't know if I could even attempt to duplicate your work, maybe I can try to make something similar. What is his body made of?

Joan

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Joan, he is stuffed with polyfill. I have been asked several times for the pattern but I don't have one. A lot of times I just eyeball the measurements and cut. They don't always turn out the same but I really don't care - I like for them to look a little different. I love this particular fabric but I only have a bit left. So, I make him in pink moire with white fur, burgundy moire, and fabric samples of florals,etc., whatever looks nice. I hate cutting the mink - or any fur for that matter. His head is just a stuffed round ball of material. I do purchase his wool from a sheep farm - the lady keeps her sheep in coats so they don't have a lot of bramble and such in their wool. I like the curly kind. And I buy leftover Christmas floral picks after Christmas to decorate him with. I did notice that I didn't put his laces on his boots - better do that tomorrow. Thanks for the nice comments.
    B

Here is a link that might be useful: Brushed by an Angel

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!