Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terracotta_gw

My first pic !!

terracotta
22 years ago

I'm just learning how to post on the refrig.door and hope this works--this is a handpainted terracotta pot-my own design. Hope you like it.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (9)

• kathy_dontspamme_com
    22 years ago

Your pot is really beautiful !! You are truly blessed to have such talent. And.... the picture is great. Keep posting your work, please.
    Kathy in Arkansas

• Mcoisi_yahoo_com
    22 years ago

That's lovely, keep painting and posting. I really enjoy seeing what everyone is painting.

• mathewsa_idirect_com
    22 years ago

beautifully done terracotta, and congrats. on posting, wish I could do that lol

• Jamaree_excite_com
    22 years ago

It's wonderful. They look so realistic and you've done a great job.

• samoran_swbell_net
    22 years ago

Terracotta: Love the pot!! You did a great job & a better job of posting the picture! I havent even tried to do anything like that. Keep it up! --Sammy

• rburnell_cybertours_com
    22 years ago

Love the pot. Did you put anything on it for a basecoat or just paint on the pot? Did you put a finsh on it?
    It is beautiful. I am taking classes and want to try some things on my own.
    Thanks for your help.

• terracotta
    Original Author
    22 years ago

Thanks for the compliments. In answer to your questions-no, I didn't use anything for a basecoat. Have tried spray paint without any luck so stick to 4-5 coats of ceramcoat acrylic sponged on. It soaks in and the pot ends up looking almost like ceramic, very smooth. I finish it with indoor/outdoor varnish by Delta preferring a satin finish. I also seal the inside with the varnish but only paint about 2 inches down. It has weathered well outside and cleans up with a damp cloth.

• Sharlotte
    22 years ago

Help, how do I get to the refridge door to see what you guys have made????

• terracotta
    Original Author
    22 years ago

Sorry, refrig. door no longer exists-I'll try to repost on the gallery.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!