Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gourd Scarecrow Lady

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 13, 10 at 22:05

Hi Everyone, I couldn't decide what to paint for all of you tonight. Painted a gourd, added a face since it would be faster than painting flowers. I had this vase DH painted for me and have never got around to painting anything on it so plopped it in and it fit! I also had this little straw hat sitting on the same shelf in the closet and it fit. Found a little raffia and realized she was a girl when I started gluing it on. Added a bow and a little flower on her hat. Fun little 2 hour project tonight.

I might end up giving her to DMIL for her birthday if I don't do some more shopping for her.

Punk

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gourd Scarecrow Lady

Oh what a cute little face you painted on it! And you had just the perfect bow to go with it. TFS, it made me smile! Luvs

o

She is adorable right down to the cross stitches on her mouth. My questions is: How did you get 4 tails to your bow?

Belle

o

Punk, she's absolutely precious. I love her sweet face. What a great idea for a vase too.

hugs, Karen

o

Luvs, Bell and Karen, thanks for your comments. I used JMP face to make this. She is one of my favorites.

Belle, I cut a piece of ribbon and glued it on and then glued the bow in the center, which gave me 4 ribbons hanging down. You can also make the bow and tie another ribbon around the center of the bow for extra ends.

Karen, Thanks for the comments. Funny you came over here, I thought of you when I was making her.

Punk

o

art is the ability to take current items and create something beautiful from them and that you have done. She's absolutely adorable and will charm anyone she sees. I didn't think anything truly cute could be made with a gourd, but you've done it. (another one with a baby's bonnet and a pacifier and she would have a swaddled baby to keep her company.)

You have opened-up a whole new line of ideas for me to do with all these vases i have. Thank You. YEA!

l.marie

o

Marie, You made me LOL, "didn't think anything truly cute could be made with a gourd". I like your idea of making a baby out of a gourd. Thanks.

Be sure and post pictures so we can enjoy your projects.

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here