Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Wall mural and dresser for DGD

christmascandy
13 years ago

I painted the mural on my DGD's wall (she's my little princess).

My daughter found a dresser on RMS that she liked and asked me to do something similar.

I found the exact same dresser at the TS and my daughter chose the paint colors.

This was the dresser before stored in my garage:

This is after:

a close up:

And yes, it is all painted!

She has a very happy room and loves to play in there.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (14)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Oh my goodness, Candy! That is just beautiful. You are quite the painter. Did you have a picture you followed or did you come up with all these designs on your own? I love the colors you used. That wall mural is quite nice also. Your DD and DGD are very lucky to have such a talented Mom and Grandma. ;o)

Luvs

• pezabelle
    13 years ago

Candy.....Totally Fantastic! I like how you took the back ground pattern of pink with white bordern through out each area. And the geometric and flower designs are just great!

Such a lucky DD and DGD to have you!

Thanks for sharing and please come back often.

Belle

• anjabee
    13 years ago

That is just beautiful!! You made it into a total fantasy bedroom for your little GD. I imagine she does love playing in there. What little girl wouldn't! =D ~Anj

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, just stunning. I love how you painted all the details on the dresser. The little bows out of the drawer pulls is darling. And the wall mural with castle is perfect for your little princess.

Thanks so much for sharing anothDGD Happy Room with us. She is lucky to have such a talented DGM. Is she a sister to the DGS you painted the jeep for?

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luvs,
    I made up the designs. Then I used pencil to draw it on the drawers and the door and painted from there.

Belle,
    Thank you. My DD chose the colors, but left the designs up to me.

Anj,
    I actually painted a table and chairs for her also and bought her a pink retro kitchen, and she "cooks" in there all the time.

Punk,
    She is his cousin, but both of my daughters live in the metro area so the cousins see each other and play together often.
    I cheated a bit on the bows, they are wooden pieces that came in a package of 10 from Dollar Tree. I painted them and drilled a hole to allow the screws for the knobs to go through.

TTFN,
    Candy

• heartsandcrafts
    13 years ago

Great job Candy! Too, too cute!! Love the colors! Painted furniture always catches my eye but I haven't been brave enough to try it myself yet.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Great turnaround of the piece, you must have had to make drawers for it. Really beautiful job of design & painting!! Hubby came home yrs ago with long cabinet that someone had made a mistake on. We finished it for DD who was about 5 then & I still use the room but not for crafts. I wasn't painting then except house & antique furniture. I know that was a big undertaking & you should be very proud of how it came out! The mural is nice too! Jan

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Candy, hope you don't mind, but I posted a link over on holidays. Didn't want the rest of the gals over there to miss out on seeing this beautiful transformation and the wall mural. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Candy, you never cease to amaze me with your many talents!
    Ditto on what the others said about this fantastic dresser.
    Your 'little Princess' has a Queen for a grandma for sure!

hugs, Karen

• blitzyblond_protege
    13 years ago

What vibrant colors and lively designs. That dresser will add joy, and bragging rights, for years. Your GD must be proud as punch. The palace in the Murial would spark any little Princess' imagination. You are gifted, both in you talent and how you apply it.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, you are just so smart to think of adding the bows like you did with the knobs. I'm going to have to go to the $1 store next time I'm around one. They have some great buys and neat things, I'm seeing on here.

It's nice to know you are spreading your creative work with all your family.

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

H & C, The nice quality of paint is that if you don't like it you can paint over it, so give it a try!

Jan, thank you for your sweet comments. I am always doing some kind of project, so my daughters know I like doing them and they come up with new ones to keep me busy.

Luvs, I don't mind at all.

Karen, thanks, you must have been a cheerleader in the past. You are always so positive!!

BBP, She does love her room, and plays the princess role to the hilt, bossing her older brothers around all the time!

Punk, DT is an endless source of decorating items and I love that everything is actually a dollar as compared to some other stores where dollar is in the name, but they have items that are really several dollars.

TTFN,
    Candy

• paintergirl94
    13 years ago

Candy,
    Beautiful work on that dresser. I can appreciate the work that went into it and your GD will enjoy it for a very long time! Hope you signed it!

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

PS, Jan, the drawers are on the "top" when it was in the garage.

PG94, Thank you. I signed under the roses.

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz