Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Closeups of Scarecrow and instructions

Posted by frances_ar (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 24, 06 at 20:19

For those of you that want to make your own.

Details: The body is cut from a 1X12 piece of pine, the arms, from a 1X2, and the legs are a 1X4. (I rounded the edges on these.) The head is one I cut out of paper, because the one I had seen had a Jack-O-Lantern head and I didn't much like it. I drilled 2 holes in each end of the 'arm' and 'legs' then put them in 'place', and drilled holes in the body for the limbs. The whole thing is tied together with twine. At the bottoms of the arms and legs, I drilled holes and glued in raffia. That was another modification I made, the original had straw shaped pieces of wood, but I didn't like them, either.

His head is 8X91/2"
his arms are 7" long each section
his legs are 91/4"
his body 151/4"
Closeup of head:

Closeup of back:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Closeups of Scarecrow and instructions

Aw, his back is painted too, how cute. Love that little pocket hankey and the overall sign! ha Cute details. Thank you for doing the "constructions" as my DS calls them (instructions). I'm gonna save that to my file to put on my todo list if you don't mind. I think your modifications probably turned out better than the original. Thanks again. ~Anj

o
RE: Closeups of Scarecrow and instructions

Frances, That is so sweet of you to share details of how to make the scarerow. So cute to see that you did the back too--not many people bother to do that anymore! In that case, he should be right in the middle of the garden, not up against the shed! LOL Did you just use rebar to support him? He is really cute. I will save this to my clippings for future reference. Thanks, Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here