Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Here

Posted by cjm70142 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 07 at 20:07

Hi, I am new to this forum, have been a fan of Garden Junk for years. but needed some back up on painting. Have painted for years just off and on but am now on SSI and it is not enough so have taken to painting to sell.
I really do enjoy painting and love to see other peoples work and my next favorite is to buy new books.
I do use patterns in books but do try to draw my own some too.
Painting to me have kept me sane at times, it is so theraputic
So far just from searching this forum a lot of talented people come here.
I just got a new digital and when I learn I will post some pictures of my work. I am just now finishing up fall and Halloween items. ready to start on my most favorite things Santas. Well looking forward to visiting this site everyday. Paint well and often Carolyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Here

Hi Carolyn,

Welcome! I'm fairly new here, too, and I'm a lot newer to painting than you are. I'm finding it relaxing and fascinating.

Susan

o

Welcome Carolyn! It's so nice to have you with us. Just in case you don't know we have 3 different sections for you to check out. The Gallery has lots of pics. Discussions is to talk about painting stuff and then we have Conversations to chat about whatever. Feel free to post anywhere, but check out all 3 places so you don't miss anything. We have some instructions on how to post pics. I'll bump them up for you and if you like free online patterns I'll bump up a post we have for lots of those too.
We look forward to seeing all your projects and getting to know you! ~Anj

o

Hi Carolyn, Glad you will be joining in here. Will be looking forward to seeing pics of your projects. Anj helped me learn how to post pics, so sure it will work for you too if you just follow her directions step by step.

I know you will enjoy the gals on here, very talented and fun to chat with too.

Please join in on any of our posts with your comments or even with ideas.

Luvs

o

Welcome to the forum Carolyn, sure gald you joined in on the fun. To post pics - go to the search box on the front forum page and type in "For Newbies - Easy Instructions to Post Pics" - that is my post from a few months ago. It's easy once you get the hang of it. If you have any problem, just ask and someone is always willing to help.

Sal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here