Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cjm70142

Hi again

cjm70142
16 years ago

thanks for the advice and sharing, I do not do more than one thing unless requested. Since I paint on just pieces I find it is sometimes hard to find a piece exactly the same, One of the pieces I use most often are cutting boards, usually find at TS and really reasonable.

I am going to have my son sit up my saw this weekend if time, I take care of 2 gkids and they take a lot of my time. Also I am an obese person so sitting long hours is hard on me,

I am trying to diet and get rid of some of this but it is a battle I have had all my life.

Oh well I guess God gave me this talent to compensate for the fat.

I really only paint what I like, and I wonder sometime if I would branch out more that I would have more sales, but you know I just can't get into painting what I don't like,

I do give as gifts and try new things.

One of my favorite authors is Helen Barrick, Whippersnappers, I like Maxine Thomas, too I am sort of out of the market now for awhile, and not really familiar with some of the new ones.\

I like the primitives too, although I find them sometimes harder to paint because they are so plain. sounds weird doesn't it.

Well Granddaughter is waiting for me. You girls have a good evening and I will talk tomorrow. Carolyn

Comments (2)

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Good luck on the dieting Carolyn. I have another group that I chat with every day and we are all trying to lose 10 lbs by Thanksgiving. Sounded easier than it's actually turning out to be. ha I'm sure it doesn't help when it's a hereditary thing. That's what my my DH has to battle.

You are way out of my league (not hard) if you are painting Helen Barrick. Looks like pretty hard stuff to me. I like Maxine Thomas too. Can't wait to see some of your projects. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Okay, Carolyn, if you are into the really detailed painting, we'd better get Painting Fool back on here to chat with you. She's a really good painter and can make the difficult things that just look gorgeous.

As you can tell if you've looked at my posts on the gallery, I only attempt easy things. LOL Just don't have the patience or skill for multiple floats and fancy stroke work. I am not familiar with Helen Barrick, I'll have to look her up on the Internet to see her style of painting. Good for you if you can do the more difficult things. I will look forward to seeing some of your projects.

Must we talk about weight loss? I think I've tried every diet out there at one time or another. I lose, but I always gain it back. I just love food too much. I do agree that it gets harder to lose as you get older.

I just bought a Maxine Thomas book at the TS. It has a couple of patterns that I really liked. I don't think I have any other books by her. And I have so many old books, that I really haven't bought many new ones other than the One Stroke books. I've got patterns that I've wanted to paint for years! Keep thinking that I'll get around to them now that I am no longer working. We'll see. The sad thing is that some of the ones I used to just LOVE, really don't appeal to me as much now. Tastes change over time I guess.

I always enjoy painting holiday items, especially Christmas--so many cute patterns for that.

I'd better go check the rest of the forums before bedtime. In case you haven't noticed, I can be a little (well, okay, allot) long winded! LOL

Luvs