Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
frances_ar

Strawberry Potholder

frances_ar
17 years ago

I don't think I posted this here, just on the Trash to Treasure board.

Â

Comments (6)

• frances_ar
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I meant to put 'Rack' in the subject line, and forgot. Sorry, I'm only about half here today.(-:

• anjabee
    17 years ago

Frances~ I think I may have seen this on T2T but I like seeing it again and I know other people will like it too. Great job. Did you follow a pattern or freehand it? I like your recipe wallpaper too. :) ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Wow! Frances, those strawberries look good enough to eat! Love the idea of the bent fork hooks too. Do you use a spray sealer, or the brush on sealer? Nice shiny finish on it. Hey, love the old looking recipe paper too--is that on a wall or table? I don't always make it over to T2T, so please feel free to post both places. Thanks, Luvs

• frances_ar
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Luvs, I used a brush-on topcoat, made by Krylon. That is my kitchen wall, and I tore up cookbooks, 'glued' it on with wallpaper paste, then tea stained it.
    Anjabee, I just follwed a picture. I don't do well trying to follow a pattern, since I never took lessons, the terms confuse me, so I just try to duplicate a picture as closely as I can. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm having fun doing it.

{{!gwi}}Â Â

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

You are very creative Frances. Now you can cook dinner without even having to open your cookbook! LOL That is really cool. I've used the Krylon spray on products allot, but didn't even know they had a brush on finish. Thanks. Luvs

• diarich
    17 years ago

That is gorgeous! Such a good idea. You are a very talented lady :-)
    Diana