Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strawberry Potholder

Posted by frances_ar (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 29, 06 at 18:38

I don't think I posted this here, just on the Trash to Treasure board.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potholder rack

I meant to put 'Rack' in the subject line, and forgot. Sorry, I'm only about half here today.(-:

o
RE: Strawberry Potholder

Frances~ I think I may have seen this on T2T but I like seeing it again and I know other people will like it too. Great job. Did you follow a pattern or freehand it? I like your recipe wallpaper too. :) ~Anj

o

Wow! Frances, those strawberries look good enough to eat! Love the idea of the bent fork hooks too. Do you use a spray sealer, or the brush on sealer? Nice shiny finish on it. Hey, love the old looking recipe paper too--is that on a wall or table? I don't always make it over to T2T, so please feel free to post both places. Thanks, Luvs

o

Luvs, I used a brush-on topcoat, made by Krylon. That is my kitchen wall, and I tore up cookbooks, 'glued' it on with wallpaper paste, then tea stained it.
Anjabee, I just follwed a picture. I don't do well trying to follow a pattern, since I never took lessons, the terms confuse me, so I just try to duplicate a picture as closely as I can. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm having fun doing it.

o

You are very creative Frances. Now you can cook dinner without even having to open your cookbook! LOL That is really cool. I've used the Krylon spray on products allot, but didn't even know they had a brush on finish. Thanks. Luvs

o

That is gorgeous! Such a good idea. You are a very talented lady :-)
Diana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here