Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Painted pumpkins

luvstocraft
16 years ago

Look at these painted pumpkins! We could do that, couldn't we? This site has lots of neat things for the holidays, so you might want to browse around a bit. Luvs

http://touchstonecatalog.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_24452_A_Decorated+Halloween+Pumpkins+%26+Candleholders

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to pics

Comments (10)

• alisande
    16 years ago

Nice! Well, you could do that. I could try.

I particularly liked the Thankful Hearts design. Where does one find resin pumpkins?

• anjabee
    16 years ago

These are really cute luvs. I think we can figure out how to do some of those and at a much discounted price!! Yikes.

They have the fake ones at Michaels in all sizes. They had a big bin of them at the one by my house and some examples to show how you can paint on them. Or you can just do real pumpkins if you don't mind throwing them out after all your hard work. ha We painted some last year. I want to do some of those black cat ones that Oddie posted over on Holidays this year too.
    Thanks luvs.

• gracie01 zone5 SW of Chicago
    16 years ago

Thanks for the link. They shouldn't be too difficult to duplicate, with some clip art and fancy fonts. My sister hosts Thanksgiving every year and this would be a perfect gift for her.

• anjabee
    16 years ago

I was looking at that site a little more. I like how they put the pumpkins on the pedestals too. Did you see the hurricane globes with the candy corn in them to hold the candles? I think I'm gonna try that this year. Back to peruse some more. Good site, TFS. ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Anj, I liked the fall topiaries on there too. I don't have allot of room (or money) to do too many things even if I think they are really cute. Maybe that's a good thing, come to think about it! LOL Luvs

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I stopped by Walmart today. They had pumpkins in three sizes, but the sections were very prominent and curved, could still be painted but not as easily as a smoother one. Cost was $7.00. I'm going to look at Michaels next, or maybe at Joanne's. Did see some pretty metal candleholders at Walmart. Not as nice as the ones on the site, but still nice. Luvs

• alisande
    16 years ago

I ran across this simple project in an old magazine. It was done with a paper doily held to the pumpkin with spray adhesive and removed after the paint dried. I took a picture of their picture.

{{!gwi}}

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

That is really neat with the doily. Who would have thought it!!

• anjabee
    16 years ago

That is pretty. It looks like lace. I've seen that done on other projects, but wouldn't have thought to do it on a punkin! TFS ~Anj

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That looks so elegant, I have never seen that done.

My problem is that I like "elegant" and "cute"--can never decide which way to go! LOL

Thanks for sharing the idea.

Luvs