Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Taking a Break

pezabelle
13 years ago

Since my favorite season where color is concerned, I took a break from all of those birds and butterflies and did this simple project.. It's nice getting back to the things in my comfort zone.

This was one of MJ Tuttles, I am also going to do a set with Noel and USA.

Belle

{{!gwi}}

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Those turned out really nice, Belle. I don't mind at all if you stay in your "comfort zone". LOL Have you started decorating for Fall in your home? I need to pull all my bins out and get busy, just haven't been in the mood yet. Maybe more projects like these will get me motivated! ;o)

Luvs

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luvs...TY! comfort zone sure keeps one warm and cozy!

I have 5 bouquets (silk) of fall mums etc., around the house and a few non Halloween Pumpkins scattered around. I also brought out several fall colored candles to help warm the rainy days.

Our real leaves are just now starting to fall, but are not changing color yet, which is really late for us. Our fall colors are really specticular - but usually better than this. And by now we usually have had several weeks of frosy morning...no frost at all.

Belle

• paintingfool
    13 years ago

Those are great, Belle. I guess I should decorate for fall but it is still in the 90's here. I only put out a wreath and scare crow cypress knees. Tried the real pumpkins one year but someone stole them off the front porch. And I brought them all the way back from Pennsylvania, they were big and heavy - I really hoped whoever stole them got a hernia when lifting those things.
    B

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bebe....when we lived in Calif., I found it really hard to decorate for anything but spring. Fall just meant you took a sweather when you went out and winter...wait a minute...what winter? So, I totally understand about decorating.

And your pumpkin saga...how funny! Here, pumpkin hurling at mailboxes is a big thrill for some. We replaced mailboxes for 4 years and finally built a house around ours and the other 8, since then no more pumpkins. Guess we took the thrill out of the hurling.

Enjoy your weather! We keep getting rain!

Belle

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Adorable Belle, you do such nice work and they look like real wood lettering. Can hardly wait to see your Noel and USA when you get them painted.

Punk

• anjabee
    13 years ago

Very cute!! I haven't started decorating yet either. Trying to get the walls painted first. The trim has slowed me down quite a lot. Hope to get it done by next week though. Maybe. ha

• pezabelle
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Punk and Anj...TY! DH cut out the heart over a year ago, and they sat there looking at me with a "what are you waiting for attitude," so I finally got out the patterns and away we go.

Belle

• anjabee
    13 years ago

Belle...I got quite a few of those projects staring at me. I wish they'd shut up! ha ~Anj

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012