Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White Butterfly

Posted by pezabelle (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 24, 10 at 16:22

Well, here we go again! Just finished the third of six. Sure is a lot easier to paint the butterflies than the leaves! The leaves at the bottom are supposed to be faded into the back ground which mine don't seem to fade at all and funny how you notice things in a photo, the artist has the flowers blooming in the center with buds at the tip and just pods at the bottom + the fact that her colors are nothing like what I seem to mix...the pods in her painting are really a light tan.....but you are using Hauser Med. Green with a touch of Avocado......go figure!

Sorry about the quality of the photo, need to get a better camera as the painting isn't fuzzy at all.

Belle

White Butterfly 2010

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White Butterfly

Beautiful! Your butterfly is so, so pretty, Pez. I like the leaves the way they are.

o

Lots of details on your butterfly and lots of layers on the leaves. Not easy but you are doing really well with them. Luvs

o

Beautiful! So much detail on the butterfly and flowers and the way the colors are blended in the background is very pretty and subtle. Great job!

o

Thank You All for you words of encouagement! I have put away the "serious" book until after the holidays.....say, isn't their holidays all year round?

Belle

PS Bebe....I caught the "Pez" lol

o

Belle, you have been busy and this is wonderful. I didn't notice the fuzzy picture. It looks great.

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here