Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Pics of Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving items?

luvstocraft
15 years ago

It's that time of year to decorate for the holidays. Anyone have any items to share pics of?

Most of my items were shown last year, but I did paint some little pumpkins with kitties that I will share in a day or so. (Left them in the motor home so have to wait till it comes out of the repair shop)

I love seeing everyone's projects, and with so many new posters on here, it will really be fun.

Luvs

Comments (7)

• kraftymom
    15 years ago

I am just starting a Halloween project to hang by my front door under my Welcome sign. It's not what most people like because it's far from cute, but I'll post a pic when I'm done. (I tend to like the weird/sci-fi look of Halloween. LOL).

• anjabee
    15 years ago

Can't wait to see what you come up with ms Krafty. I want to do some John Sliney ones....better get busy and get a new saw blade put on. ~Anj

• kraftymom
    15 years ago

Anj...

This is too funny but the Halloween project I'm working on just happens to be a John Sliney! I love his work especially his Halloween stuff but some people tend to think it's a little 'out there'. LOL

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Kraftymom, just wanted to say that I enjoy seeing projects of all kinds even when they may not be "my thing". Just never know when something new will "tickle my fancy" and start me on a new "obsession". LOL

I'm not real familiar with John Sliney's work, so will look forward to both your project and Anj's. Hmmm, wouldn't it be too cool if you both had chosen the same one of his patterns? ;o)

Luvs

• anjabee
    15 years ago

That is funny Krafty. I love his Halloween stuff. It's crazy cool! ha Now I'm doubly excited to see what you are doing. I really want to do his "Meet Belcher" from Holiday Past 2. I really like everything in that book. It's the only one I have of his, but I want to get more. I really love his Americana and Primitive stuff.
    Here's a link to his site if you want to check it out Luvs. You know how I love Prim and Americana so you'll see why I like his stuff.

Here is a link that might be useful: John Sliney site

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Anj, now I remember him, I've got a few of his patterns in some of my mags. I can see why you like him since he combines the Prim and Americana that you love. Not my cup of tea as they say, but I'll look forward to seeing the items you two ladies create. ;o) Luvs

• kraftymom
    15 years ago

"I really want to do his "Meet Belcher" from Holiday Past 2"

LOL, "Crazy Cool" is a good way to describe Sliney's Halloween projects. And Anj, it just so happens the project I am working on IS from Sliney's Holiday Past 2. I'm doing 'Too Much Fertilizer'. It was just too funny to pass up and I needed something new to hang by my front door for Halloween. :-)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!