Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spider Web Art

Posted by pezabelle (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 25, 09 at 13:22

As I look out at a light foggy morning I noticed all of the spider webs silhouetted against the sun as it came up. This brought back memories of my children and something we did on a morning just like this, we painted and captured spider webs. Using a can of spray paint, a sheet of colored paper and a piece of cardboard the same size of the colored paper we made art.

First off, choose the paper and paint to contrast each other, black paint on white paper, yellow paint on purple paper, etc. Affix the paper to the cardboard for stability. First thing in the morning when the dew is still on the web, very, very gently spray the web with a gently coat of paint, this must be done quickly so that the paint doesn't start to dry and then move the paper right into the web and then back it away. You now have a beautiful copy of the web.

We used to do this before the bus picked them up for school and I still have a web done by each of my twosome, they are now 43 and 45........but still fond memories and I have one done by my grandson to add to my memories.

Belle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spider Web Art

I so remember doing that! Brings back great memories

Kay

o
RE: Spider Web Art

Belle, What a beautiful post. It sounds like a poem at the beginning. That really sounds like fun and thanks so much for sharing this fun project with us. Maybe I'll get the chance to do this with GD. Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here