Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grave marker for a pet

Posted by summerf (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 11, 09 at 12:07

Hi, I am in need of your help and expertise. This morning my granddaughter called to tell me that her pet cat, Oreo died last night. After the tears subsided, she asked me if I could paint a cross to mark Oreo's grave. I can have her grandfather make the cross but I need some suggestions to what I should paint. She wants his name on the cross for sure and maybe some small flowers.
Does anyone have any ideas and/or pictures.
I really appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Summer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grave marker for a pet

I have a pattern for a stick rose design that you can paint on just about anything (designed by me). If you would like I will email it to you. Just let me know your email or email me at kay@baxterspaintedpasture.com Im so sorry about their loss!

o

Summer,
So sorry to hear about DGG kitty. Hope you come up with some sort of grave marker for her. Sounds like Kay has a design that will work.

Punk

o

Awww! It's so hard on us Grammas when our little ones are in pain. So sorry about her kitty, that's so hard for a little one to understand.

How about doing a tombstone shape with the cross painted on the front--just seems safer than just the cross sticking up from the ground to me.

I'm glad Kay had a design that might work for you. Thanks Kay.

Luvs

o

Hi Summer

I emailed you a pattern and another idea I had this morning. Hope you got them okay as I had a little trouble emailing them. Please do not feel obligated to use them though!

Heres a picture of the roses. They are so fun as you can just about adapt them to anything. And if you antique it -- it makes it much more weather resistant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here