Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

Posting Pics (Uploading Pics)

anjabee
17 years ago

Hi everyone. Lets put some instructions on here to help other people post their pics. I just learned how myself so if I leave anything out or if there is a better way, please help!

I think you do have to put your pictures into a photo uploading site. I use www.photobucket.com and it's really easy to use and it's free. (If you know other free sites please put them up.) So get on over there right now and get signed up!! You just have to have a user name and password.

After you get signed up there will be a place there that says UPLOAD IMAGES AND VIDEOS. Hit the BROWSE button and it will open up the files on your computer. If you know which file you keep your pictures in, go to it. If you don't then get up and go ask someone!! :)

Double click on the picture you want to upload and it should show up in the box on photobucket(PB). It will say DESCRIBE IT so you just click there and write a description of the pic if you want to.

Underneath that you will see UPLOADING OPTIONS. Click on that and it will help you resize your pictures so they won't be humongous. I do the message board size. Then you just hit UPLOAD IT and your picture should be loaded on. (You can do more than one photo at a time if you hit ADD MORE IMAGES that is right under the BROWSE. It will open up about six of those and you fill them all up with your pics and then hit UPLOAD EM.)

Pretty easy so far right? I'll post the next step on a new message. Remember to ask questions if you are having problems.

Comments (19)

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Anj, What a sweetheart you are to do this for me and any others who need help figuring this out. I HAVE a Photobucket account opened and have added a picture to it just to practice--so far, so good! Whew! Question for you please--When I tried to experiment with the Uploading options, I cannot find anything that offers" message board" size. Would not want to attach one that is huge, so better make sure I get this part right. I also had to click edit AFTER I loaded my picture in order to describe it--not a big deal, just out of order to the instructions. Not sure I should proceed to step 2 until I make sure about the size issue. Any suggestions or questions? This is sort of exciting--got to take pics of all my projects so I can get them uploaded--will be so fun to get to share too!

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey Luvs~ Wow, You uploaded a picture! We are getting close. I'm so excited.
    My photobucket site was set up like yours until just a few days ago so I thought they had upgraded their site.

The way I used to have to change the size of my pics was to go into EDIT which is right above your picture when it's in the album. When the new window opens, if you look right above the pic it will show you how big it is. You may not need to shrink yours. I think mine have been between 25K-65K in size after I shrink them. If yours are way bigger than that then...

If you scroll down a little bit you will see a place that says RESIZE IMAGE I think. Mine used to say 75%, 50% or 25% of original size?? Is that what yours says? Now mine says something different there too. Anyway, I think I did 50% to shrink mine down.
    Just remember that you can't unshrink them after you shrink them so you may have to play around with it until you find out how you need to reduce it for your pics. You can always delete it and re-upload it again from your computer so it's no big deal if it doesn't work at first. Just a pain. I've had to do that a few times myself. Let me know if it works! ~A

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Hi Anj, Just got home from work. Had to work from 11 to 6 today so owners could go look at some property. Not used to working full time any more! LOL Okay, I am going to go play with Photobucket some more and see what I can figure out about the picture size. I don't have any of my painting projects or GJ projects on there yet, but may experiment with one of GD. I am tkaing pictures now and will upload them from the camera and into Photobucket this weekend. Hey, if all goes well, I might be able to share a pic with you tomorrow! Thanks again for your help.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Anj, Just wanted to let you know that today when I signed on to photobucket there were more options available. Strange, huh? Yesterday there was only the rotate pic section, now today the resize part showed up! Go figure.

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That is weird. I was wondering why mine had changed, but yours hadn't. Thought it might have had something to do with having my account longer, but I think they just must be updating it or something. Don't know what's going on. Well, at least you have more options now. We'll just have to play with the new stuff. So far it's a little easier for me.

• nonacook
    17 years ago

Hey! If I knew how to put my photos on Photobucket I could just as easily post them here! LOL
    I am just a dummy when it come to pictures! Once in awhile my DD will post some for me. The sizing is the hard part for me!

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Nona, Do you already have pictures in a program on your computer? If you do, then it is truly easy. Just go to www.photobucket.com and open up an account--it's free. Once you are on, just follow Anj's instructions. It will go find your photos on your computer and you can choose which ones you want on Photobucket. If you load one you don't want, just delete it--it will still be on your computer, just not in Photobucket. There is even a place where you can edit your photo--then you can name it or resize it, or turn it around--whichever you want. You won't hurt anything so just give it a try. You will be so happy you did. Anj's instructions were great. Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    17 years ago

bumping for newbies

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Bumping this up. Luvs

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Bumping again.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Bump

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Bump

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bump

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bump for Cathy

• anjabee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bump for Steve

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Bumping up for Maddya. Luvs

• anjabee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump for paintgirl

• kraftylady23
    15 years ago

My question is after I have loaded my pics in Photobucket then how do I get them here? Thanks
    Donna H.

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus