Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Wednesday hello

luvstocraft
14 years ago

Hello Everyone, Hope you are all having a great week. Need to enjoy these last weeks of summer--and start planning our holiday projects! ;o)

I've been a bit lazy this week and haven't started any new projects. I have watched a couple of my videos and browsed through several of my books. Just know the "mood" will hit and I'll be on a roll again!

Does that happen to you? You know you have lots of projects earmarked to paint--but you need to be "in the mood" to start them? What motivates you to pick up your brush and start painting? For me, it's usually a picture of something that just makes me think "ooh, I need one of those" or a deadline looming ahead like a holiday or needing a gift for a friend. Sometimes, everyday responsibilities just get in the way too, don't they?

I'd love to hear about the things that motivate you and how you avoid "procrastination". I think that is my biggest obstacle!

Happy Painting!

Luvs

Comments (4)

• kkscrafthaven
    14 years ago

I am the ultimate procrastinator :) I think I just paint better under a deadline. But like you sometimes I see something that triggers me and I just have to paint it right then. Right now I just got some new dried gourds so I am drawing out what to paint on them and hopefully start painting them today. Im going to do fall flowers as fall is my favorite season! This is one of my favorite fall gourds I have painted so far. HOpe this works Im new here

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Welcome to the forum Kay! So glad you found us. I'm also a Kay, but I go by Luvs or Luvstocraft on here.

Your gourd is lovely, and will be a great addition to your Fall decor.

I went to a craft show yesterday, and they had turned gourds into the cutest ghosts! I loved them. I think I have one unpainted gourd left from a batch my sister in the Midwest had sent me, so I'll have to dig it out and see if it is the right shape so I can make my own ghost.

Hope you hang around and share with us, don't forget to visit our gallery for more pics of our creations, and come chat over on the conversations side so we can all get to know each other better, okay?

Luvs

• kkscrafthaven
    14 years ago

I have snow women, easter bunnies, ghosts etc. I just love painting gourds as there is no sanding. Im going to figure out how to post pictures sooner or later :)

So fun to meet another Kay as its not a name you see a lot.

Thanks again for the welcome!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I've done a raggedy anne and andy, a garden gal, a santa and a snowman on gourds so far--just creating my own patterns for them.

Have you seen the Painting on Jars website? I'm sure allot of those patterns would work well on gourds too, don't you think?

We have a post for the pictures on here that Anj put together for us. I'll try to find it and bump it up to the top so you can follow it. She did it step by step so it is easy for everyone.Can't wait to see some of your projects.

Luvs