Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

My Santas on a tree

paintingfool
14 years ago

This is not the best picture - for some reason I am getting blurred pictures lately, guess I should use a tripod so I don't shake. Anyway, this little Santa is painted on a puff Christmas tree I purchased at Bear With Us, Inc. It is not my original idea, I saw something like it in Houston. See his nose, I used a little plug I had on hand - funny how you keep things for years never knowing when you might need them - well these were perfect for his nose. Not quite round but it fits anyway. And since I don't use patterns for my Santas or snowmen, no two are alike. Now, what have yall been doing?

B
{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Would never have thought to make a santa ornament out of a tree! You are so imaginative! You sure have been doing lots of painting since you went to the "show", it must have really inspired you.

Both Punk and I have been painting some too--our's are posted on the Gallery side.

Luvs

• pezabelle
    14 years ago

Beautiful....and using a tree shape. The facial expressions and the mustaches and beards are fantastic. The stroke work is so soft.

These look to be very small, which makes, at least for me, everything just a bit more of a challenge.

Belle

• cyndimac
    14 years ago

I have lurked and have loved everything that you paint...you paint awesome! I love the idea of using the trees...I would have never thought of it either. Can someone please tell me which gallery to go to to find the painted pretties? I only see a home or a garden gallery when I click on photo galleries...Thanks!

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Bebe~ these are so cute. I may have to try out that nose trick this year. Looks good! I like them on the tree shapes too!

Cyndimac~ If you go back one screen where all the messages are...at the top you will see ON TOPIC DISCUSSIONS and to the side it will say [switch Gallery, Discussions, Exchanges, Conversations] You can click on any of those to get to the pages you want here on this board. We have daily chats about any and everything over on Conversations that you are welcome to join in too! Hope you stick around and if you paint we'd like to see some of your projects as well! ~Anj

• paintingfool
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Cyndi, Hope you stick around, would love to see some of your paintings. Anj already posted how to get to the gallery - she is well versed on how to do things on this forum. She has a great tutorial on posting pics also. I might add that sometimes when I read someone's post and I want to see what else they have done, I go to the bottom of the page and type in the search box that persons name - for instance - anjabee. This will show the posts she has been involved in. That is how I read her post on posting pics.

On the Christmas tree Santa, I have to tell you it was not my original idea. I saw it at the Artist Expo. There is a really cute one with a snowman painted on it and a wooden carrot nose. Haven't done that one yet. Didn't use a pattern so it probably isn't the same as the one I saw but it was a good idea and I knew I could do something like it. I am busy painting - today it is going to rain and I love sitting at my desk painting and watching the rain. Something very soothing about that for me.

Pez, these are about 5 inches long. I use one of those thingies that you purchase at Michael's or Hobby Lobby to paint really small details - it is the one that goes around your forehead with the lens that can be moved up or down. Oh, it is called MagEyes. I can't see up close very well anymore - you know that thing called "old age" so I have to wear readers or my mageyes. Now I am fighting a tear in the retina. I have what looks like jelly in the front of my right eye which causes things to look blurry. It should heal itself so I have to wait a few weeks before going back to the doctor - I always said I don't care how old I get I just don't want to look it, feel it, or get any of the symptoms!! The only way to avoid it is an alternative I am not interested in either - death.

Talk to yall later this weekend - I am having withdrawals when there aren't very many posts. With it being Christmas I want to see more ornaments and such.

• phonegirl
    14 years ago

Bebe,

Love your puff Santas, but then I love most Santas. These santas in tree shape is something I would of never imagined without you sharing here. So thanks so much.

You always have a way of making projects special. The noses are great and I will try that some day. I think your Ms. Santa ornament was better last year but these wood plugs for the noses are still cute.LOL

I've missed being able to come here this past week to enjoy. I so appreciate coming here and finding a new project posted to enjoy.

Cyndimac, it's great to see another new poster here on this forum. Welcome and hope to see some of your projects soon.

Punk