Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting on Jeans

Posted by mankasmom (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 30, 08 at 9:26

Hello all I'm new here.I hope someone can help me. I'm trying to transfer images onto jeans to paint. But haven't found a way to make the image show up well. Please if you have some advise I'd love to have it Thank You...KIM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting on Jeans

Welcome to the forum, Mankasmom. I was hoping someone with experience painting on jeans would hop on here and help you.

I can only suggest the white graphite paper, it usually works good on dark colors.

You might also see if you can find Donna Dewberry's book and see how she reccommends transfering the pattern. I've seen her book on fabric painting at Michael's.

Be sure to come post a pic for us when you finish your project, we'd love to see.

Luvs

o
RE: Painting on Jeans

If it is a drawing, you can trace the design on tissue thin tracing paper. Put the tracing paper over the area you want to transfer and go over it with a medium transfer. You should have an imprint you can see. Good luck with it.

Devonia

Here is a link that might be useful: Many Shades of Shabby

o
RE: Correction to last post Painting on Jeans

Whoops. Correction to above post. Put the tracing paper over the area you want to transfer, go over it with a medium black SHARPIE, which should bleed through the thin tissue weight paper, leaving a visible imprint.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Decorative & Tole Painting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here