Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kkscrafthaven

New here :)

kkscrafthaven
14 years ago

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kay and I have been painting for about 10 years. I used to teach tole/decorative painting but we moved quite a bit so I stopped for a few years. I missed it so much! Im back to painting and designing patterns and talking to Hobby Lobby about teaching a class. Feels so good to be back painting again! I especially love painting dried gourds. Right now I am learning to carve them. Anyone else here carve their gourds??

Comments (5)

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Hi Kay, I replied to you on another post, but wanted to also reply here to try to make you feel really welcomed! ;o)

This forum only has about five regulars posting most of the time, so we get excited when someone new joins in. We love to see pics and hear all about painting. Since you've been a teacher, I'm sure you will have some great tips and suggestions for us too.

I took a look at your "My page", and read that you've even had some designs published by BHG! How exciting! I'd love to hear all about it.

I've never carved any gourds, but I have painted a few. My sister in the Midwest grew them one year and sent me about six of them--I think I have one left to paint. They are a good painting surface and I had allot of fun coming up with ideas for them.

Please come chat with us and we'd love to see more pictures of your work. I'll head over to your site you posted on the other post and check it out when I have a few minutes.

Luvs

• anjabee
    14 years ago

Hi Kay and Welcome!! We are so excited to have you with us! I have a neighbor who carves or etches and paints gourds to sell. I'll have to see if she has a website that I can post. I think she and her husband go down to Texas??? every year to the gourd festival and pick up a truckload for her to use. Anyway, hope you'll continue to come by and look forward to seeing your projects! Talk to you soon. ~Anj

• kkscrafthaven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you guys so much for the warm welcome! I am always happy to answer any questions at all and help where I can. Just ask me anything I am like an open book :) I had a ton of fun publishing with BHG but I did learn alot too on what you should not do. I was so naive when I first started. I was just happy to get published so didnt really read the contract. Always always read the fine print LOL.

Anyway if anyone has any questions on how to get published, how to sell their crafts etc please feel free to ask.

I guess I messed up on the other thread as I cant figure out how to post pictures. I think now that link is to give websites. Sorry!

• khspw
    14 years ago

What state do you live in? I may have missed it, but we have a Hobby Lobby in our town just wondering.

• kkscrafthaven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Im in Ohio and the Hobby Lobby is in Heath

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!